An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Joseph Palmisano, Sj & Daniel J. Harrington, Sj

cappie

Once again via Fr James Martin: two other Jesuits who are facing grave illnesses who also need your prayers.

The first is Fr. Joseph Palmisano, SJ, a wonderful young New England Jesuit who is 39 years old and was ordained in 2008. Until recently Joe was working at Eastern Point Retreat House in Gloucester, Mass. Now, however, he is at the province infirmary, Campion Center, in Weston, Mass. receiving treatment. Joe has been fighting cancer for the last few years and is now once again undergoing treatment. Joe asks for prayers to Servant of God Pedro Arrupe, SJ, for his healing. (For those of you unfamiliar with this, you simply pray for the intercession of Fr. Arrupe and ask for his prayers.) We are hoping for a miraculous healing. Joe asked me to post a photo of Father Arrupe, which you see here. Please pray for him.

1526290_10151818681246496_1933453719_n.j

The second is Daniel J. Harrington, SJ, another amazing New England Jesuit, and until recently professor of New Testament at Boston College. Dan is one of the most beloved Jesuits in this country, and is now nearing the final stages of his arduous battle with cancer and may be facing the final stage in his long and fruitful life. He is also at Campion Center in Weston. Unlike Joe, Dan does not know I'm asking for prayers, but I would feel sad if I did not ask for them, and I'm sure he would appreciate them.

Also, Will Prospero, SJ, asked me to tell you how grateful he was for your prayers. He is on www.caringbridge.org a site designed for people with cancer or other serious illness to give updates about their condition. Will has been giving updates but also giving spiritual reflections that some people are finding helpful. Just type in Will Prospero.

Dear friends, thank you so much for your prayers.