An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think This Is The Beginning Of A Beautiful Phriendship...

Ancilla Domini

ChristinaTherese

Are you paying any attention to Wimbledon? I saw Nadal's name in the newspaper the other day, so I realized it was happening and have been paying attention to tennis again yesterday and today. (I really need to write my last paper for school, though... Ugh. I just don't wanna! It's summer break!) I watched Federer's match this morning. But somehow I don't think it's nearly as fun as the last few days.... Not unless things go wrong and you get Federer vs. Nadal or something like that in the first round. But I think that's not supposed to happen....

Ancilla Domini

Are you paying any attention to Wimbledon? I saw Nadal's name in the newspaper the other day, so I realized it was happening and have been paying attention to tennis again yesterday and today. (I really need to write my last paper for school, though... Ugh. I just don't wanna! It's summer break!) I watched Federer's match this morning. But somehow I don't think it's nearly as fun as the last few days.... Not unless things go wrong and you get Federer vs. Nadal or something like that in the first round. But I think that's not supposed to happen....

Yep, I am definitely following it! Federer and Nadal have moved into the 4th round, now (as have Murray and Djokovic. I want Djokovic out, but Murray we can keep, because if he manages to get into the semi-finals or even the finals, Federer shouldn't have too much trouble beating him. :)) I haven't been able to watch any matches, because I've been busy lately, but I've been following the scores (for which I've found www.scoreboard.com/tennis extremely helpful!). Looking forward to an interesting semi-final and final. (I just hope nothing happens to Federer like it did last year - getting booted in the second round by some little-known, low-ranked player. :P)

P.S. My best-friend bought me a Federer hat for my 16th birthday. It is a much beloved belonging of mine. XD

Edited by Ancilla Domini

maximillion

but Murray we can keep, because if he manages to get into the semi-finals or even the finals, Federer shouldn't have too much trouble beating him

Heretic! Blasphemer! For that Murray WILL win! Ha ha, take that! :bomb:

He did it once and he can do it again. :bravo:

ChristinaTherese

Yep, I am definitely following it! Federer and Nadal have moved into the 4th round, now (as have Murray and Djokovic. I want Djokovic out, but Murray we can keep, because if he manages to get into the semi-finals or even the finals, Federer shouldn't have too much trouble beating him. :)) I haven't been able to watch any matches, because I've been busy lately, but I've been following the scores (for which I've found www.scoreboard.com/tennis extremely helpful!). Looking forward to an interesting semi-final and final. (I just hope nothing happens to Federer like it did last year - getting booted in the second round by some little-known, low-ranked player. :P)

P.S. My best-friend bought me a Federer hat for my 16th birthday. It is a much beloved belonging of mine. XD

Thanks for the link! I've been wanting to see a bracket, but you can't exactly find something without knowing its name through Google. I also have http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/index.html (its score table runs up to the minute or so, I think, which is kinda nice) and http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/league/Wimbledon/sport/tennis/ (it let me watch one game, of my own choosing, instead of flicking back and forth between places I didn't care about) open on my computer.

And just for random fun: http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2008/sierpinski-cookies/ Simply because I was looking at the tabs on my (dad's) computer.

ChristinaTherese

Well! I can't say I really expected Nadal to lose to Kyrgios. I mean, I knew it was possible while watching the third set (That is what they're called, right?), but I still thought that Nadal could pull through. He was winning his service games handily enough, after all. Good for Kyrgios, though. That was pretty amazing. (And according to the announcers (or whatever the guys sitting in their booth talking about the game are called), the first time since 1992 that someone outside the top 100 has beat #1 in the world. Which is quite impressive.)

maximillion

I will refrain from being very superior over Nadal..........and will only gloat a little! :saint2:

• 2 weeks later...
Ancilla Domini

So sorry that I haven't had time to finish my narrative. I've been extremely busy. You see, my dad runs a history conference/seminar in Northern Italy that I attend every year, and it just finished yesterday. In a few days, I'll start writing again, but for the moment...I have a few pictures. :)

Nôtre Dame de Paris

IMG_1088.jpg

The Seine River

IMG_1089.jpg

The incorrupt body of St. Catherine Labouré

IMG_1100.JPG

The incorrupt body of St. Vincent de Paul

IMG_1109.JPG

In front of Nôtre Dame de Paris, at 6:00 in the morning - right before the pilgrimage began

IMG_1237.jpg

Lunch Break, first day - scorching hot field with no shade (around 95ºF)

IMG_1261.JPG

Mud, mud, glorious mud!

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

Ancilla Domini

Only 30 more posts to become a PM Super Alien! I've got to start posting more! (Of course, all of my posts will be completely relevant, important, and extremely interesting... :P)

Edited by Ancilla Domini

ChristianGirlForever

What do you think? Aren't they brilliant?

Yes, they are.  :) I love poetry. Thanks, Ancilla Domini.

Ancilla Domini

Woke up, washed dishes, picked berries and made jam, and then spent the rest of the day running away from household chores. Yes, I believe this was a day well spent. :P

maximillion

Sounds good to me.

I went rolling on my loaner scooter and ignored everything waiting to be done in the flat! Summer is bustin' out all over here in the UK and we have to profit from it.