An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Correct A Friend Who Is Doing Something Wrong At Mass?

Pliny

Well, chewing gum does break the fast. 

So the big question is "What do you do if you see a friend chewing gum and break the fast?"

So the big question is "What do you do if you see a friend chewing gum and break the fast?"

Tackle them in the communion line.

"Maybe" just "maybe" there is some wiggle room when it comes to unauthorized kneeling.  But I don't see how we can let the gum chewers off the hook. Ignorance could be an excuse, but they need to be informed by someone. 

Nope, just trying to have some fun like everyone else in the final death throes of this thread.  :saint2:

Until a party pooper came along.... :cry:

Before the LifeTeen Mass Father always marches up to the front and says:

"Welcome back. Mass is about to begin. Take this time to turn off your cell phones. If you are chewing gum your breath is nice and fresh by now, so spit it out. If you are a gentleman show it and remove your hat. Now lets be silent for a few moments and prepare for the sacrifice of Holy Mass."

Before the LifeTeen Mass Father always marches up to the front and says:

"Welcome back. Mass is about to begin. Take this time to turn off your cell phones. If you are chewing gum your breath is nice and fresh by now, so spit it out. If you are a gentleman show it and remove your hat. Now lets be silent for a few moments and prepare for the sacrifice of Holy Mass."

I see what you did there...

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I almost went on the rampage today after holy mass telling everyone that they have to bow when we say in the creed " conceived by the power of the spirit and born of the virgin Mary." I was going to do this but decided to speak to the parish priest 1st and he said pretty much to just ask people something like " why do you think where asked to bow?" My answer to this question was " to give thanks." So to me we are giving thanks to God, for Jesus and the holy mother when we bow at this time. Without Mary = no Jesus in the flesh, no Jesus in the flesh = no forgiveness of sins, no forgiveness of sins = hell on earth. Something like that anyway. Also the parish priest said something like that it will take time for everyone to understand why we bow at this time of the holy mass now, and how only Christ can save and not the liturgy of the holy mass and the rubrics, these both being good but that people must experience the real presence of Christ and than they will be able to bow in thanks.

Onward christian souls.

Jesus iz LORD.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I almost went on the rampage today

Now THAT would be a sight to see! 

Would you end it with "Where's the Tylenol"?  (for those who know the movie reference)

cmotherofpirl

After wading thru 19 pages   :popcorn:  just to be evil  I would like to point out my diocese kneels the whole time, and always has... :wave: