An Old School Catholic Message Board

Private Vows in The Laity/Spirituality

BarbTherese

LAUDATE DOMINUM

There is nothing that pleases the Lord so much as praise. There is no test of faith so true as the grace of thanksgiving. Are you praising God enough? Are you thanking Him for your actual blessings that are more than can be numbered, and are you daring to praise Him even for those trials which are but blessings in disguise? Have you learned to praise Him in advance for the things that have not yet come?
- Anonymous

The poor you always have with you

Saint John Chrysostom

http://dailygospel.org/main.php?language=AM&module=commentary&localdate=20170410&id=4822

Edited by BarbaraTherese

In what way is the Church holy?

Compendium of the CCC

The Church is holy insofar as the Most Holy God is her author. Christ has given himself for her to sanctify her and make her a source of sanctification. The Holy Spirit gives her life with charity. In the Church one finds the fullness of the means of salvation. Holiness is the vocation of each of her members and the purpose of all activities. The Church counts among her members the Virgin Mary and numerous Saints who are her models and intercessors. The holiness of the Church is the fountain of sanctification for her children who here on earth recognize themselves as sinners ever in need of conversion and purification.  

Further reading: CCC 823-829, 867

An inexperienced preacher was to hold a graveside burial service at a pauper's cemetery for an indigent man with no family or friends. Not knowing where the cemetery was, he made several wrong turns and got lost. When he eventually arrived an hour late, the hearse was nowhere in sight, the backhoe was next to the open hole, and the workmen were sitting under a tree eating lunch.
      The diligent young pastor went to the open grave and found the vault lid already in place. Feeling guilty because of his tardiness, he preached an impassioned and lengthy service, sending the deceased to the great beyond in style.
      As he returned to his car, he overheard one of the workman say to the other, "I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years and I ain't never seen anything like that."

EASTER SATURDAY

Image result for images - christian easter saturday

A blessing over meal on Easter Sunday

God of glory, the eyes of all turn to you as we celebrate Christ's victory over sin and death.  Please bless all and this table of our first Easter meal.

May we who gather at this table continue to celebrate the Joy of His Resurrection and be admitted finally to the Heavenly Banquet.

We ask You to grant this through Your Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord. 

Amen.

Image result for IMAGES - OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY

The 15 Promises of Our Lady

made to St. Dominic and Bl. Alan de la Roche

HERE

1) To all those who shall recite my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and very great graces.

2) Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary shall receive some signal grace.

3) The Rosary shall be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin, and dispel heresy.

4) The Rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies; it will substitute in hearts love of God for love of the world, and will lift them to the desire of heavenly and eternal things. How many souls shall sanctify themselves by this means!

5) Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary, shall not perish.

6) Those who shall recite my Rosary devoutly, meditating on its mysteries, shall not be overwhelmed by misfortune. The sinner shall be converted; the just shall grow in grace and become worthy of eternal life.

7) Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.

8) Those who recite my Rosary shall find during their life and at their death the light of God, the fullness of His graces, and shall share in the merits of the blessed.

9) I shall deliver very promptly from purgatory the souls devoted to my Rosary.

10) The true children of my Rosary shall enjoy great glory in heaven.

11) What you ask through my Rosary, you shall obtain.

12) Those who propagate my Rosary shall be aided by me in all their necessities.

13) I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary Confraternity shall have for their brethren the saints of heaven during their life and at the hour of death.

14) Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are all my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.

15) Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Debra Little

Dear Barbara Therese,

I will keep u in prayer. I recently went thru a very bad bout with ocd and bipolar. I kknow from experience the misery this can cause. Suffer with Jesus and Mary always. That's the only way to get thru as we all know. And , too, it was during Lent as I was redoubling my efforts to be with Jesus. One of the things I tell myself is, " hang on and go for the ride." What goes up must come down and in our case what goes down must come up. God is testing u to see if u follow thru in spite of difficulty. Don't let the enemy win. Have recourse to St. Michael and St. Dymphna for relief. 

Hugz and Luv