An Old School Catholic Message Board

Private Vows in The Laity/Spirituality

BarbTherese

1221-624x468.png

---o0o---

O Antiphon - 21st December

dec21dawnsm.jpg

O Oriens or O Rising Dawn or Morning Star (December 21)
O Rising Dawn, (Jer 23:5; Zechariah 3:8; 6:12),
Radiance of the Light eternal (Habakkuk 3:4; Wisdom 7:26; Hebrews 1:3) and Sun of Justice (Malachi 3:20): * come, and enlighten those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death (Ps 107:10; Lk 1:78).

Edited by BarbaraTherese

2cfa02e97dd1338e40f1f692d7f6fe40.jpg

"God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving.

If he gives us the gift of Christmas,

it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it."

Pope Francis

e7bffd8301a4d8382f59d6e01fc8b1f9--gods-w

Still haven’t found what you’re meant to do?

Take solace with this saint

HERE

Blessed Maria Therese von Wüllenweber knows what it's like to be looking for your passion, and unable to find it.

There’s little that’s more discouraging in life than a feeling of aimlessness, an uncertainty about the future and even about the present. Those who live in this uncertainty—particularly when it comes to discerning what God is asking of you—can find an intercessor in Blessed Maria Therese von Wüllenweber, who entered and left three different religious communities before finally settling down at 55.

More on above link

Edited by BarbaraTherese

O Antiphons

22nd and 23rd December

dec22kingsm.jpg

O Rex Gentium or O King of the Nations (December 22)
O King of the Gentiles (Jeremiah 10:7; Haggai 2:7),
and the Desired of all, You are the Cornerstone that binds two into one (Isaiah 28:16; Matthew 21:42; Ephesians 2:20). * Come, and save man whom You fashioned out of clay (Genesis 2:7).

Final O Antiphon

dec23emmanuelsm.jpg

O Emmanuel (December 23)
O Emmanuel (Isaiah 7:14; 8:8; Luke 1:31-33),
our King and Lawgiver (Genesis 49:10; cf. Ezekiel 21:32), the Expected of the nations and their Savior (Isa 33:22): Come, and save us, O Lord our God.

1223-624x468.png

rejoice-in-the-lord-always-vinyl-art-quo

Healthy laughter is a by-product of Joy,

Fruit

of The Holy Spirit

Nehemiah 8:10   "Do not be saddened this day, for rejoicing in the LORD must be your strength!"

Q: How is the alphabet different on Christmas than any other day?
A: On Christmas, it has Noel.

Q: “Why didn’t Rudolph get a good report card?”
A: “Because he went down in History.”

Q: What do you call Santa’s helpers?
A: Subordinate Clauses.

Q: What is Santa’s primary language?
A: North Polish.

Q: Why did the couple get hitched on the 24 of December?
A: So they could have a married Christmas

Q: What do you call a bankrupt Santa?
A: Saint Nickel-less.

Q: What do you say to Santa when he’s taking attendance at school?
A: Present.

giphy.gif

My computer is playing up on and off.  If I suddenly seem to have abandoned Phatmass and am silent, it means that I have computer problems and cannot afford to have them fixed until I do not know when.  My darling little cat, Missie, has broken the aerial on my WiFi modem.  Quite suddenly, the modem came to life again and is working, but it is in God's Hands for how long.

Tuum Fiat Voluntas

21 hours ago, darcy15 said:

Happy Christmas Barbara xxx

...........and a very Happy Christmas to you also, Darcy xxx ........

---o0o---

baby-jesus.jpg

It is here, in the thing that happened at the first Christmas, that the most profound unfathomable depths of the Christian revelation lie. God became human… the Almighty appeared on earth as a helpless human baby, unable to do more than lie and stare and wriggle and make noises, needing to be fed and changed and taught to talk like any other child… The more you think about it, the more staggering it gets. Nothing in fiction is so fantastic as this truth of the incarnation.

- James I (J. I.) Packer

Dominican Sisters of Peace - Shalom Place.

---oOo---

A great read is "The Humility of God - A Franciscan Perspective" - it can be a heavy read in places, but very much worth the effort:

https://www.amazon.com/Humility-God-Franciscan-Perspective/dp/0867166754

1226-624x468.png

---oOo---

St Vincent de Paul Society

Daily Reflection – December 25

“The joy of Christmas is not a joy made up of childhood memories, of Christian customs piously retained; it is a profound and ever new joy, a joy of today.”

– Reverend Joseph Jamet, CM

1014212.png

Woke this morning and some of Buddie's droppings were stained with blood.  I panicked - another vet's bill at a time when I am trying to put together money to travel interstate and visit my son and his wife.  I asked St Francis of Assisi to pray for Buddie and the situation.

My brother and his wife were supposed to visit today and so I sent a text cancelling the visit as I had a sick little dog.  My brother rang me and asked what was happening.  When I told him including my fears about another vet's bill, he immediately said that he would pay any bill.  The tears came as I explained that vet's can be very expensive.  He replied that he didn't care, he would pay and added "No arguments!  I know what Buddie means to you."

Yes, true charity and kindness, unselfishness is indeed spontaneous without reflection on some principle of any kind at all.  It comes from deep within the person and flows out into God's World from God's Resources without any hindrance whatsoever "He sends forth springs in the valleys; They flow between the mountains." (Psalm 104)

This same brother and his wife need to sell the latter's family home on a very large property indeed with a house and land that have been marked as historical.  The yearly land taxes are $43,000 !!! Please say a prayer for them that they will indeed be able to sell the house.  It has been up for sale now for over 12months and it is the limitations placed by an historical assessment and declaration that is hindering sale.

First-Peter-4-8.jpg

Deo Gratius - Tuum Fiat Voluntas

Our Lady, Mother of Mercy, please pray for them