Carla

Carla Discerning Vocation

Carla    371
Carla

Christina Thérèse - I'm from the Croatia.It i small proud Catholic country very close to Italy

Silent Joy - We are very similar ;)  with our families.My sister is my great joy in my life i'm very close with her.

Noterdame - Thank you for this nice link.I'm trying to use any book or page it could help me in my Vocation.

Edited by Carla

ThereseMaria    83
ThereseMaria
It is very nice to meet you, Carla! This website is very useful for those in discernment: http://vocationoperation.blogspot.ca/
It was put together by Kim Lee and Emily Ann, and it is very well organized. It has information on many different things including spiritualities, communities, and discernment. I know it has helped me a lot!
God bless :)

Carla    371
Carla

After morning prayer i will continue with my story.

As i told before my friends faith has been very strong.She know from beginning what is her path in life.Last year she visit me on my collage.She told me the news that she will enter the convent in several months.I have felt then so mixed emotions.I have been proud and sad at the same time and i was struck by the bravery of her vocation, and realized I needed to do something about mine life.I have realize that i love to study my collage,but that collage lifestyle made me empty and it move me from my faith and my path with Jesus.Boyfriends ,Facebook going out it move me from real me.I need to change my life.At first i have been very scared on thinking about my religious life.I give my self time to pass to be sure that my friends decision it is not only reason to consider religious life.I come beck to church group.I have attend masses more offen.I have talk with my priest first ,even before my family.I have feel joy in my heart again after long time.

At the end of last year i have realize that my feeling are geting stronger and stronger.I have decide that i need to talk with my family.One Sunday after mass i have gather then all.And tell them that i will spend this year in searching if i have true vocation.I made my mother to cry.She has been sad and so happy like every mother in that moment.She is knowing that i will give up a lot and that i will change my lifestyle

dramatically.But she is so happy about my possibly vocation.

Carla    371
Carla

ThereseMaria - thank you for the link.I have found so beautiful stories there.

In next chapther i will write more about my struguling about recent changes in my life.

Janet Ng    23
Janet Ng

Wow. Thanks Carla for sharing your vocations story! I'm a bit tempted to do the same and post my story here :P

EmilyAnn    2,410
EmilyAnn

Welcome Carla! Thank you for sharing your story with us. :)

It is very nice to meet you, Carla! This website is very useful for those in discernment: http://vocationoperation.blogspot.ca/
It was put together by Kim Lee and Emily Ann, and it is very well organized. It has information on many different things including spiritualities, communities, and discernment. I know it has helped me a lot!
God bless :)

Totally off topic but your comment made my day. Thank you :) 

Carla    371
Carla

Wow. Thanks Carla for sharing your vocations story! I'm a bit tempted to do the same and post my story here :P

Janet it will be wonderful that you share your experience with us.

Tonight i will like to share some thinking about recent happening in my life.I will like to hear thinking of the girls who is also discerning vocation life.

In past months i have decided that i will take my possible vocation much more serious.When i have decided that i need to change my life habits.

First i have closed my Facebook account ( i have spend to much time there). Also i have decided to change my clothes habits.I have started wearing

more appropriate clothes to get used for my possible postulate outfit.Also i have cut my time spending on internet.I have stooped with going out and spending to much time with friends.Of course the most important part is my religious life.I have start daily meditation and praying.I'm going to every holy mass and soon i hope so i will get my vocation director.Also i have stared with reading few of beautiful books.I will like in this tops that we can share this similar feelings.For me to be honest this changes not have been easy.But my strong faith of my vocation give me power to pray harder to found my answers.

Thank you and God bless you all

SilentJoy    876
SilentJoy

Those are great things to do, Carla! I got rid of Facebook last summer and it was a very wise decision.

But then I replaced it by spending too much time on Phatmass... :P

Carla    371
Carla

Those are great things to do, Carla! I got rid of Facebook last summer and it was a very wise decision.

But then I replaced it by spending too much time on Phatmass... :P

True SilentJoy Facebook is big waste of time.I'm spending a lot of time here but after i visit Phatmass i feel great joy in my hart :hehe:

I found amazing people here who thinks similar as me.

domenica_therese    216
domenica_therese

Carla, you are right, vocation takes a lot of bravery. I will pray for you to have the courage to pursue this fearlessly. The most important act of all is to have the courage to open your heart completely to Christ; everything else will follow!

As I have become more serious about my vocation, I have wondered a bit about how I needed to change my life to reflect that, and honestly there haven't been a lot of big changes, other than the incorporation of a lot more deliberate structure into my prayer life. Everything has been gradual. I have always dressed fairly conservatively, and I wear the same t-shirts and jeans and cardigans I always did. It is important to dress modestly so that we can more purely radiate God to others as temples of the Holy Spirit, but there is a time and a place for postulant outfits. :) 

Are there any specific orders or spiritualities you are feeling called to? You don't have to list them if you don't feel comfortable, I'm just curious if the call is that specific yet. 

Carla    371
Carla

Domenica Therese thank you for your kind words.You are right ,vocation is every day praying that God help us found the right way he chose for us.It is not easy but my heart

is completely open to Christ so i know she will found the right path for me.

I'm very graceful to God that i have my parents.In this life ride the support me 100%. My parents and family give me great power to continue with my vocation!

My mother is telling all around how she is proud on me :hehe2:

I'm not thinking that my clothes is something very important for my vocation.But still in my collage days i have dress my self very openly to everything.Now i need to change some habits.Future postulant must respect her self and religion.So i buy some modest clothes like longer skirts and shirts.Also when i wear my shirts i wear then complete closed.It is just my way of saying that i fully devoted to my vocation.It is just my internal decision.

Of course i can share my favorite orders.I have wish in my heart of.At the moment i' m studding a Catholic university

and my plan is to graduate till summer.On my school i'm teaching to become Catholic religion teacher in school.

My plan is with God's help found community that i can start my vocation this fall.My wish in my hart is to become Nun teacher and teach in school, but i' m open with any vocation path that God is wish from me.

I will like to join some Dominican order that teach in schools.But Vocation is live so recently think i have found recently order

Sisters Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest and i can not stop reading about them.It is something completely different of my imagined Nun life.

To be completely honest closter life bring me kind of scare in me.I'm not sure is my Faith strong for this kind of life.I love kids and i love teaching. But my heart is open to Christ so he will help me to pick right order for me.

God bless you all :nun3:

NotreDame    649
NotreDame

Carla,

Interesting reading your story... I'll offer some basic practical advice here. 

In general it is good to be patient and seek out advice during this process.  Sharing on Phatmass is a very good idea.  I'd also find a community you can discuss practical details with as well as a good priest as spiritual director.

When I read your posts it is difficult to tell if you are feeling the calling to religious life or just a more religious life...  You are going through many changes in your life right now, orienting yourself more towards God and the Sacraments than before, so have you felt a call to a religious vocation or have you felt a call to live your life more religiously regardless of your specific vocation?  This is something many of us must ask ourselves if we are truly open to God's will, whatever it may be and the way to ask that question is through discernment. 

Even though I counsel patience, if you are finishing up your college degree and your goal was to be a catholic school teacher, then going to discern with an order immediately after school does make some sense.  If you find an active order it will probably give you some experience teaching kids and will only help you get a job afterwards.

Either way, focus on your spiritual life and discernment first.  Looking into orders and considering religious life is part of that, but it is not the only thing that is important right now.