An Old School Catholic Message Board

What You Don't Know Can Hurt You

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

I am gay.

I did not just admit to lesbian sex.
I did not just admit to a "homosexual lifestyle".
I did not just admit to supporting any agenda held by all homosexual persons.

(Is that really even a thing? I digress.)

What you know is what I've told you: that I have an inclination toward women in a romantic sense. You know nothing more. It is ignorant to assume you do. What you don't know CAN hurt you; choose to stick to facts. Choose to see humanity in light of divinity. Choose love.

Do you have questions? I'll answer them as honestly and frankly as I can.

I've come out once on phatmass before -- though I'm told I came out then as bi -- but I'm in a different place now (comfort wise) and I'd like to start talking about the big stuff, the stuff that really matters in our culture today. The stuff that's making headlines and dividing sanctuaries.

Give me your best shot.

I love you. I'm glad you're my friend. I hope you know that I will always try to support you and be the kind of friend you need. :) (basically, nothing has changed. :P ) 

I am gay.

What you know is what I've told you: that I have an inclination toward women in a romantic sense. You know nothing more. It is ignorant to assume you do. What you don't know CAN hurt you; choose to stick to facts. Choose to see humanity in light of divinity. Choose love.

I've come out once on phatmass before -- though I'm told I came out then as bi -- but I'm in a different place now (comfort wise) and I'd like to start talking about the big stuff, the stuff that really matters in our culture today. The stuff that's making headlines and dividing sanctuaries.

Give me your best shot.

Yeah, why does this topic keep coming up? You mentioned something about your orientation a long time ago now, and as I recall, nobody really had much to say either way. It was very blah. I don't get the feeling that anybody here hated you over it.

What issues do you feel you need to talk about? I'm not trying to be dismissive, I just honestly don't know.

Edited by arfink

franciscanheart

Yeah, why does this topic keep coming up? You mentioned something about your orientation a long time ago now, and as I recall, nobody really had much to say either way. It was very blah. I don't get the feeling that anybody here hated you over it.

What issues do you feel you need to talk about? I'm not trying to be dismissive, I just honestly don't know.

[mod]Personal Attack -Aloysius[/mod].

[mod]Personal Attack -Aloysius[/mod]

Wow, so this is how you answer the first question posed to you?  Maybe this whole "ask me anything" is a bit premature on your part. 

franciscanheart

What are your thoughts on Arizona's legislation, phatmass? What are we thinking about civil equality? Do we actually hold love in our hearts for the gay community?

What are your thoughts on Arizona's legislation, phatmass? What are we thinking about civil equality? Do we actually hold love in our hearts for the gay community?

i don't even know what's going on in Arizona, tbh. :idontknow: 

IcePrincessKRS

I am gay.

Give me your best shot.

I can only reiterate what I've said before. You have my love, prayers, and support.

So despite what you wrote in your original post, this is more a thread for you to rant about gay rights than it is a thread for people to ask you honest questions?

franciscanheart

So despite what you wrote in your original post, this is more a thread for you to rant about gay rights than it is a thread for people to ask you honest questions?

That's quite a leap, don't you think? Especially considering we have never interacted?

And since we've never interacted, I will warn you now: if you think that was a rant, it's probably best to block me before I actually go on a rant.

IcePrincessKRS

Call me crazy but when I read the OP I thought she was inviting questions about how she thinks, feels, struggles, and truimphs in life as a Catholic human being that happens to be gay. :huh: