An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thankfulness Thread!

ThereseMaria

Deus te Amat

I am thankful that today, when I walked into Church to visit Him after work, He surprised me with Mass! :cloud9:

I am thankful for an early morning Mass this past morning and an old bicycle that I managed to get working.

I am also thankful for the wonderful book Time for God which was assigned by my SD as spiritual reading.  I'm a real beginner in mental prayer, prone to all a newcomer's faults, and it is helping me immensely as it summarizes a lot of age-old Catholic teaching about mental prayer.

Also thankful for a priest in confession on Sunday who gave me some very practical advice on overcoming a habitual fault.

maximillion

Thankful for having been able to pray the LOTH at 3am outside in the garden. I am sure the Lord did not mind my being in night attire.

I am grateful and thankful for those who calmed me down yesterday.  God knows their names and their deeds.

And I am grateful for all who pray.

I'm trying hard to feel grateful for feeling cut off from a lot of holy people... but I trust God knows what He's doing.  And for that I am grateful.  :)

For a conversation that I just had, where it was revealed to me that a large number of people had been contacted to pray for me while I was in the last convent. I checked my emails from then and I can't figure out how one friend of mine knew I was having major trouble, because I never contacted her with that info. She is a strong person of prayer so all I figure is that she just knew to pray and got a whole slew of people in multiple states to do so.

It is quite humbling to know that the Lord did this for me, and I am very moved and thankful. I had no idea until today, approximately 7 years after the fact.

ChristianGirlForever

I'm grateful for my Faith, my wonderful priest, my house, good, wholesome food, my Church, my Patron Saint, for being alive, for anti-biotics, my comfortable bed, and central air.  

all that comes to mind right now

ChristianGirlForever

I am so grateful I live in safety, and pray for all those who do not.

I'm out of props due to another error, but props to you for this.

Credo in Deum

Thankful for sobriety, for confession, and for the cross of addiction. Praying for all of those who carry this cross and for those struggling.

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thankful that I was able to help a friend calm down after a series of events that flashed him back to the monastery. Also thankful for 30 min of prayer and confession and Mass. And some housecleaning.

I am grateful for simple things like cold water on a hot day.

I am grateful for the wonderful people in my world.... physical world and through the internet.

I am above all grateful to God for.... everything.