An Old School Catholic Message Board

Everything Fssp And Icrss

AugustineA

The thread for everything to do with the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter and the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. 

Let's pray for their world domination continued growth and success as seminarians and priests. 

Here are the boys in blue, receiving young university students and forming them into noble gentlemen priests, loving everything French and Italian, and adhering to the strictest liturgical observances. ICRSS:

icrss.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nOQDqFzu28#t=93

And the home team (for many of you), your all around red blooded diocesan priests, stalwart defenders of the faith, deliverers of many fine homilies, and usually found ministering to a billion families at your local traditional parish, the FSSP:

schola.jpg

http://www.fssp.org/en/olgsvideo.htm

Show some love.

reminiscere

Those are School Sisters of Christ the King from Lincoln, NE. The Sisters associated with the ICRSS are the Sisters Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus of Gricigliano, Italy. 

Easy boy. 

okay, now these appear to be mature, committed and sober minded seminarians who'd likely stand up to (the all too common) disloyal Catholics who can't seem to stop themselves from trying to undermine/redefine Church teachings on our generation's two largest moral battlefronts: homo/abortionist lobbies.

FSSP was never in schism with Rome was it, like SSPX?  Never heard of ICRSS but looks good too. 

E

okay, now these appear to be mature, committed and sober minded seminarians who'd likely stand up to (the all too common) disloyal Catholics who can't seem to stop themselves from trying to undermine/redefine Church teachings on our generation's two largest moral battlefronts: homo/abortionist lobbies.

FSSP was never in schism with Rome was it, like SSPX?  Never heard of ICRSS but looks good too. 

E

That's horrifyingly insensitive to seminarians everywhere.

That's horrifyingly insensitive to seminarians everywhere.

It most certainly is not, nor is it meant to be.  There is no reason why seminarians (and those who run the seminaries) in any location cannot look to these groups as models. 

Wow your visual deductive powers are so tuned and superior. You should consider joining the FBI or the CIA.

truthfinder

The FSSP came out of the SSPX because they no longer wanted to go along with illicit episcopal ordinations.  That being said, the vast majority of the priests now belonging to the FSSP were not attached to the SSPX.  Those who were, have been loyal to the Church for a long time now, and the others have always been loyal.  

There's a reason why SSPX is not here. Let's avoid what will inevitably turn into a not so beautiful thing and just enjoy the current developments with the FSSP and ICRSS.

Those are School Sisters of Christ the King from Lincoln, NE. The Sisters associated with the ICRSS are the Sisters Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus of Gricigliano, Italy. 

Easy boy. 

Sorry.. I knew there was something up, because the Adorers of the Royal Heart have lighter blue habits. Thanks for catching that. :) If someone could go in and delete the photo and insert this link instead, that would be gold.

http://www.institute-christ-king.org/vocations/sisters/

E

Without taking away from all the amazing young men going into other seminaries (even some on this board), I would say these communities are very respectable. :) Yes, they do have a reputation for being very devout to the Church's teachings. 

FSSP is an offshoot of SSPX. Nine or so members I believe came to the conclusion that communion with Rome was of grave importance and sought to develop traditional practice and thought from within the Church. The Institute of Christ the King was formed independently in 1990 in Africa under a French priest, but I believe their seminary is in Italy. 

Here are the 2013 ordinations of ICRSS. 

2013_ordinations.jpg

truthfinder

Thanks Truthfinder.  Is there a SSPX stigma still surrounding FSSP at all, or do most people think of them as entirely separate? 

E

I don't think there is a stigma.  Most people who do know don't really care, and not all do. Although the FSSP priests I've known have never hid the history over their community, it's just not part of the reality of who they are now.  Those who do know usually just treat it as an accident of history.  The only place I've seen a negative view of the FSSP because of this connection is from some SSPXers themselves who accused the FSSP of modernising and selling-out.

This concludes my hijack of the subject. :paperbag:

Thanks for the post, Augustinea.  Interesting.  Now could men in/from other seminaries join the FSSP while retaining their parish duties?  The FSSP clip I saw had their two seminaries in Nebraska and Switzerland. 

truthfinder

Thanks for the post, Augustinea.  Interesting.  Now could men in/from other seminaries join the FSSP while retaining their parish duties?  The FSSP clip I saw had their two seminaries in Nebraska and Switzerland. 

What do you mean by this? The FSSP, although not, runs like an order.  When you join their seminary, you join them (there are a couple of exceptions where traditional monks go to their seminary, but remain a part of their respective orders).  

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Most seminarians are diocesan (although there are a good many who are religious) meaning the seminarian goes where their Bishop or Superior wants them to go. I can not think of any Bishop who would send their diocesan seminarians to a FSSP seminary, not because of a lack of spirituality or legitimacy, but because the average Parish has more needs than just the EF liturgy which is what the FSSP do. As well a there are opportunities for a seminarian to learn the EF mass from other places if that is a desire of his. Does this answer your question?

As an aside I know a number of FSSP seminarians and their NE seminary's soccer team comes down to my seminary every fall to participate in our soccer tournament. The FSSP guys I've met are all good guys and they are a credit to the seminary world. 

-PPoP

PhuturePriest

E

Eliakim, since you are such a strong defender of the faith, why don't you go and apply for seminary?