An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who's Up Watching The Canonization!?

AugustineA

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

watching it now you have mentioned it but my computer is scratchy when it comes to video and sound from you tube and ewtn keeps cutting out on me.

Yeah I went to sleep at the homily too. In fact, I'm gonna have a nap. Why does Catholic life always result in less sleep. 

xTrishaxLynnx

I had a nightmare and woke up at like 4:30am (eastern) and decided to turn on the live stream on my EWTN app... had no idea the canonization was happening today. I watched the remainder of the mass from that point. It was awesome. I was really tired after going to mass later on, though. -_-

I have looked on google and I still don't have a good idea of a magnus. Can anybody explain please and educate a poor child? I am asking to be educated on a Sunday, on one of my two days of dumbness/laziness, for crying out loud! :p

St. John Paul II and St. John XXIII pray for us! :pray:

Fidei Defensor

I have looked on google and I still don't have a good idea of a magnus. Can anybody explain please and educate a poor child? I am asking to be educated on a Sunday, on one of my two days of dumbness/laziness, for crying out loud! :P

St. John Paul II and St. John XXIII pray for us! :pray:

Magnus = Great. St. John Paul the Great!

Only two other popes in history have been given the title of Magnus (great);

Leo the Great

and

Gregory the Great

Actually, he could also be named a doctor of the Church (Evangelicus Angelici - not sure about the spelling here).

To my understanding there are two ways for pope to be named Magnus; the magisterium unanimously declares it so, or the collective faithful of the Church demand it unanimously (that's us!).

Fidei Defensor

So is Qur'an kissing and being blessed by pagan shamans acceptable now?

Sinners sin. And then, if they know the Lord, they confess their faults and sins. And they go to heaven when they die.

Sinners sin. And then, if they know the Lord, they confess their faults and sins. And they go to heaven when they die.

Which sins were committed there?