An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think It's Time For A Thread...maybe, Possibly?!

Spem in alium

TheresaThoma

Much thanks to all.   :heart:

I have decided my request is being mailed this week. Going to bite the bullet. :)

Very exciting! (and don't let yourself talk you out of that deadline!)

Spem in alium

Many thanks to you all :) Especially for your prayers - I spoke to the Benedictines yesterday and though it was hard, things went really well there. 

Very exciting! (and don't let yourself talk you out of that deadline!)

You will be happy to know I mailed it this morning! :) :bananarap:  Still a little unsure of whether it was good enough, but what I wrote came from my heart so I guess that's the main thing!

AugustineA

Wow congratulations! Can I call you sister now.. or must that wait? Heh.. well regardless, you have my well wishes and blessings! It also makes me very hopeful that you can study while entering religious life, not entirely unrelated to what I would enjoy doing. But forget that, this is great news! :) 

Spem in alium

Wow congratulations! Can I call you sister now.. or must that wait? Heh.. well regardless, you have my well wishes and blessings! It also makes me very hopeful that you can study while entering religious life, not entirely unrelated to what I would enjoy doing. But forget that, this is great news! :)

Thank you! Maybe in a little while :P It is definitely reassuring. I love my study and want to see it through to the end.

P.s. I hope this clears up any prior misconceptions you may have had about my gender... *cough*

AugustineA

Thank you! Maybe in a little while :P It is definitely reassuring. I love my study and want to see it through to the end.

P.s. I hope this clears up any prior misconceptions you may have had about my gender... *cough*

:giveup: Lol, I believe! 

Spem in alium

Congratulations, Spem!  

Please pray for me and for all of us.  

Thanks Credo. You and all here have my prayers - as do your families. The Sisters pray for the world's families each day.

:giveup: Lol, I believe! 

:hehe2:

I wish I could jump on the nun train as quickly as you...

Well, I was VERY quick. I'm of the suspicion that God was being a little playful with me...because I definitely didn't go to the retreat expecting to come out having made a decision -- or even to TALK about applying. But it happened that way, so I'm just going with it. :)

Spem in alium

Pham, I have officially begun the application process :) The VD called me a few nights ago and we had a very joy-filled discussion. She is going to arrange a time to meet with me soon to go through things with me and pass on the papers. I just can't believe it. I am at peace, as if my heart is "beating in harmony with the heart of God."

Your Will, O Lord.
Nothing more.
Nothing less.

TheresaThoma

That is wonderful!

Now I just need to work up the courage to send the email I have been procrastinating on myself....

Spem in alium

Praying for you, TT! My VD said this is actually the hardest stage...making the decision to change your life. I think she's right. :)

TheresaThoma

Well it isn't a letter like Spem's but one that says I think I am headed in that direction.