An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think It's Time For A Thread...maybe, Possibly?!

Spem in alium

Spem in alium

Updatios - I contributed an article this month to my Sisters' newsletter, and have been asked to read a Prayer of Intercession at the Mass celebrating their 60th Anniversary of service in the Diocese. The weekend of the Mass I'll be meeting with the VD to finalise application.

Praise the Lord!

Spem, I have tried PMing you but I don't think it is going thru.... I had hoped as a CM it might.   :(

That is fantastic about the celebration!

Edited by AnneLine

Spem in alium

Spem, I have tried PMing you but I don't think it is going thru.... I had hoped as a CM it might.   :(

That is fantastic about the celebration!

It's okay. It's because I'm a commoner - we're of different classes.  :cry:

I'm so excited about it! I'm probably bragging a bit, but the Sisters really are incredible and I'm just so thrilled and proud - and blessed, too.

I will go to the convent on the Saturday and work over the application stuff with the VD, and Sunday is the Mass. As far as I know my family is coming too, which is lovely...though not too sure if we can get my brother (who doesn't attend Mass and claims to be an atheist) to come along. I'm praying he will. The Lord pulled out all the stops with my bro for the Easter Vigil this year, so maybe He's got something up His sleeve this time -- at any rate, I'll bug Him about it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Spem in alium

So, guys, this past weekend I handed in all my papers. I just have one more thing I need to organise for them, but the Sisters seem happy and confident. They will make a decision at their council meeting in October...so there will be a bit of waiting to do, but I'm doing my waiting with the Lord.

If I'm accepted, there's a chance I can still enter before Christmas.

Oh, and my convent visit was amazing. I'm introverted, and though I love them I still am a little shy around the Sisters, and I'm also not a big fan of huge public events (especially when I have a role of some sort that draws attention) but I feel like this weekend did help in a way. I got to spend time with some of the Sisters I don't know as well, which was great, and at the Mass, which was attended by over 300 people, I read a Prayer of Intercession (one for vocations...how fitting ;) ). It was a really lovely day, plus they had excellent Polish food and dancing. To top it all off, my brother came, which really knocked my socks off.

Please keep praying for me, and know of my prayers for all of you.

brandelynmarie

:dance5: Much love, much prayers...so happy for you Spem. :)

Edited by brandelynmarie

Spem in alium

:dance5: Much love, much prayers...so happy for you Spem. :)

Thank you.  :heart:  :heart: