An Old School Catholic Message Board

Greetings!

Sister_Abbie

Sister_Abbie

Hello everyone at the "vocation station"! I am new to PhatMass, but I love the vibe. All of the orthodoxy, love of the Saints, ect....have got me feeling like I'm right at home <3

Anyway, I am excited to report (and I know I'm not alone) that I feel a call to religious life! In fact, haven spoken closlely with the Vocations Director of the order that God is calling me to, I know that, God willing, I will enter either this (or, more likely, perhaps) next August as a Dominican sister!!

You all are the coolest, I can already tell, and I'm sure you have much wisdom to share! Please let me know how your journeys are going and also, give me any and all advice. I'm a Catholic baby compared to most of you and I need to learn the ropes more and more from those who have been at it for a while!

Let me also state something that I feel is extremely important:

Everyone has a vocation. Marriage, single life, priesthood, and religious life are all VOCATIONS!

That means that I wanna hear from you married and consecrated singles as well as those who are as confused as I was when I began this journey!

Well, get at me and introduce yourselves if you wish, that's all for now, folks!

-Abigail

Welcome Abigail! You can share if you want of course more about your discerning.I'm in the similar situation so it is good to share experience.

chrysostom

Hi!  I'm also a recent converted Catholic (if by "baby" that's what you meant?) and I'm also looking into religious life, though it sounds like you're further along than I am.   Welcome and try not to waste TOO much time here.  (:

Emoclew

How are people supposed to know if they are coming or going if you say things like that?

Credo in Deum

It's a mystery.  We Catholics are all about mysteries. 

PP_detective_magnifying_glass_4337.jpg

Edited by Credo in Deum