An Old School Catholic Message Board

Must Eastern Catholics Accept Ic?

Eliakim

I see not the angsty part. How do you figure?

: Sunday, March 14, 2004 ::

......bored...very, very bored. I have the chance to hang out with a whole bunch of friends i never get to see...and of course, because of my mom, i cant. argg!!!

wat

or u haz the wrong link?

Edited by chrysostom

And please, Selah, you'll have to be way more rabid.

It's not really in my nature. If I call someone a smelly butt, I feel like I have to go to confession.

Aren't they like the same thing?

No. Maronites play Mario while Melkites sit around watching Mel Gibson movies.

I have missed seeing this quote at least once a week, ever since Apo left. :hehe:

What did happen to Apo, anyway?

And Selah what would you recommend?

Read a bit about the Melkite Church. Ask around and see if you can get in touch with a Bishop. Look up the Zogbhy Initiative, and read homilies by the Eastern Fathers (I recommend Palamas, but I always recommend Palamas. I'm like a Palamite fangirl). 

I have not had a chance to read this book yet, but have had it on my wishlist for a while now:

http://www.amazon.com/Melkites-Vatican-Council-II-Contribution/dp/1420866168/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403549670&sr=1-2&keywords=melkite

Experience a Melkite Church for yourself. Go to the Divine Liturgy, learn how to venerate an icon. Take some antidoron (blessed bread) home with you and have a piece every morning before you wake up.

Look up the lives of the Melkite saints, get to know them, and pray to them. 

http://www.easternchristiansupply.biz/- <---- LOVE this website, this is pretty much where I waste my time xD

Learn about the 12 Great Feasts and why they are celebrated. Look up customs of, not just the Melkites, but of the Greek Orthodox, the Ukranian Orthodox, and why they do what they do. 

Pray. :)

Edited by Selah

Thank you!  Unfortunately I'm hundreds of miles from the closest Melkite parish.  :(  I'll try to find another Eastern church to visit in the area though.

CatholicsAreKewl

Thank you! Unfortunately I'm hundreds of miles from the closest Melkite parish. :( I'll try to find another Eastern church to visit in the area though.

Try a Maronite one.

Try a Maronite one.

Imma beat you xD

But no, Maronites are cool too.

Read a bit about their saints. St. Rafqa, St. Charbel and St. Hardini are three very popular ones.

Nihil Obstat

Imma beat you xD

But no, Maronites are cool too.

Read a bit about their saints. St. Rafqa, St. Charbel and St. Hardini are three very popular ones.

I hear they kind of like St. Maron as well.

Nihil Obstat

They like him so much, his feast is a holy day of obligation :)

Pretty cool how St. Maron's parents named him after the Church he found become the patron of. :| That was smart of them.