An Old School Catholic Message Board

Free Dowloadable Talks On Prayer And Discernment From An Aussie Carmel

Catherine Therese

Catherine Therese

Fr Greg Homeming, an Australian Carmelite, always manages to weave some comment or another about his love for food into his talks, claiming it is his Chinese heritage that makes him such a "foodie" ;-)

But really, his talks are down-to-earth, inviting the listener into serious thought and prayer. He takes profound truths and makes them easy to understand. And he just GETS people. He understands the struggles of the ordinary person and he meets you there and invites you to consider truth and goodness from the standpoint of where you are at. 

Some links:

1. Talks on prayer

2. Talks on discernment

3. Talks on the psychological dimension of the spiritual life

I hope many of you can benefit from Fr Greg's gentle insight!

BarbTherese

Half way through the fourth talk on the "Psychological dimension of The Spiritual Life" - for me it is absolutely brilliant and much is falling into place in that puzzle that I didn't know was in progress.  And "gentle insight " on quite deep subjects by Father it is! At one point, Father Greg mentions that he had given the talk in a noviciate.  Wish I had experienced a talk like this in the noviciate!!!

The next addresses I will be listening to once I have finished the above, I found here : https://archive.org/details/WhatDoesGodWantMeToDo  "What does God want me to do".