An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Book On Homosexual Behaviour

Perigrina

I was looking at the Amazon page for Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior is Changing Everything by Robert R. Reilly: http://www.amazon.com/Making-Gay-Okay-Rationalizing-Homosexual/dp/1586178334/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=whatdoesthepr-20&linkCode=w00&creativeASIN=1586178334

It looks like an interesting book.  I think I should buy it quickly before it becomes illegal.  

I liked this review:

Why are Americans being forced to consider homosexual acts as morally acceptable? Why has the US Supreme Court accepted the validity of same-sex "marriage", which, until a decade ago, was unheard of in the history of Western or any other civilization? Where has the "gay rights" movement come from, and how has it so easily conquered America?

The answers are in the dynamics of the rationalization of sexual misbehavior. The power of rationalization the means by which one mentally transforms wrong into right drives the gay rights movement, gives it its revolutionary character, and makes its advocates indefatigable. The homosexual cause moved naturally from a plea for tolerance to cultural conquest because the security of its rationalization requires universal acceptance. In other words, we all must say that the bad is good.

At stake in the rationalization of homosexual behavior is the notion that human beings are ordered to a purpose that is given by their Nature. The understanding that things have an in-built purpose is being replaced by the idea that everything is subject to man's will and power, which is considered to be without limits. This is what the debate over homosexuality is really about the Nature of reality itself.

The outcome of this dispute will have consequences that reach far beyond the issue at hand. Already America's major institutions have been transformed its courts, its schools, its military, its civic institutions, and even its diplomacy. The further institutionalization of homosexuality will mean the triumph of force over reason, thus undermining the very foundations of the American Republic.

"Robert Reilly shows that to go with the flow of the homosexual movement is to go against nature, science, children, marriage, the family and the common good; in fact to go against common sense. This movement is now the leader of a long-term pack working to undermine society, a process designed to bring chaos (see Gramschi) and dictatorship before freedom is enjoyed again. The time and the means to oppose are both narrowing. If this book does not move you to action nothing will."
-- Patrick F. Fagan, PhD, Senior Fellow, Family Research Council

"Natural Law"
Helping bigots rationalize their behavior since forever

Can you explain what you think Natural Law is?  You do not seem to understand.

Semper Catholic

Can you explain what you think Natural Law is? You do not seem to understand.

Can you explain why treating homosexuality like people changes everything?

Why are Americans being forced to consider homosexual acts as morally acceptable? Why has the US Supreme Court accepted the validity of same-sex "marriage", which, until a decade ago, was unheard of in the history of Western or any other civilization? Where has the "gay rights" movement come from, and how has it so easily conquered America?

No one can force you to believe anything. Also, our secular government is not saying its morally ok...they are saying its legally ok. They have an obligation to uphold the rights for all their members regardless of someones religious objectification. 

"Robert Reilly shows that to go with the flow of the homosexual movement is to go against nature, science, children, marriage, the family and the common good"
-- Patrick F. Fagan, PhD, Senior Fellow, Family Research Council

Robert Reily sounds like a tool. 

Can you explain why treating homosexuality like people changes everything?

You probably meant to type 'homosexuals' there.  Treating people with same sex attraction like people is exactly what we should do and will not change anything.  Treating homosexual sex acts as if they were morally good and imposing this value on our entire society will change everything. 

No one can force you to believe anything. Also, our secular government is not saying its morally ok...they are saying its legally ok. They have an obligation to uphold the rights for all their members regardless of someones religious objectification. 

People do not have a right not to be offended. Nor is there a right to have everyone approve of one's choices.  These are the things the homosexualist movement is working on now.  It has gone way beyond working for tolerance and decent treatment.

People do not have a right not to be offended. Nor is there a right to have everyone approve of one's choices.  These are the things the homosexualist movement is working on now.  It has gone way beyond working for tolerance and decent treatment.

Youre right. You can be smug and angry about it all you want but I was commenting on the idea that these things confer some national morality enforcement. 

And no, it hasnt gone beyond tolerance and decent treatment. There are laws being put in place that allow businesses in certain states to deny service...that is simple discrimination. We are called as christians to love and to help one another. If you have a problem with serving a customer that is homosexual, then dont be in whatever business you are in. 

Youre right. You can be smug and angry about it all you want but I was commenting on the idea that these things confer some national morality enforcement. 

And no, it hasnt gone beyond tolerance and decent treatment. There are laws being put in place that allow businesses in certain states to deny service...that is simple discrimination. We are called as christians to love and to help one another. If you have a problem with serving a customer that is homosexual, then dont be in whatever business you are in. 

Thanks for the permission to be smug and angry but I have been trying to avoid these things.  You really ought to discourage me. :)

There are plenty of florists and bakers who are happy to provide their services for same sex 'weddings'.  Nobody is being deprived of cakes and flowers when the law allows people to follow their conscience.  

There are plenty of florists and bakers who are happy to provide their services for same sex 'weddings'.  Nobody is being deprived of cakes and flowers when the law allows people to follow their conscience.  

Thats not the point

Credo in Deum

The "homosexual movement" want's to normalize their behavior and to force the notion that the behavior and the person are inseparable.  They want to equate hating homosexual acts with hating homosexuals and so far they have done a great job accomplishing this by calling their movement a part of the "civil rights movement".  By doing this they have put themselves in the same category as those in the past like African Americans and women.  This was a very smart move on their part because so far those who have started civil rights movements have been persons who were unjustly discriminated over something they were born with (race, sex, etc) and could not change or control.  

It's clear the homosexual movement not only wants you to tolerate them, but they also want you to accept homosexuality as something someone is born with and which they cannot change or even control.  

Semper Catholic

The "homosexual movement" want's to normalize their behavior and to force the notion that the behavior and the person are inseparable. They want to equate hating homosexual acts with hating homosexuals and so far they have done a great job accomplishing this by calling their movement a part of the "civil rights movement". By doing this they have put themselves in the same category as those in the past like African Americans and women. This was a very smart move on their part because so far those who have started civil rights movements have been persons who were unjustly discriminated over something they were born with (race, sex, etc) and could not change or control.

It's clear the homosexual movement not only wants you to tolerate them, but they also want you to accept homosexuality as something someone is born with and which they cannot change or even control.

They, them, those people. Dehumanization at its finest.

When did you choose to be straight?

Credo in Deum

They, them, those people. Dehumanization at its finest.

When did you choose to be straight?

How is it dehumanization and how would I address the homosexual movement in another way?  When did using the words "they, them, and those" be some sort of dehumanizing action?  I think you're grabbing at straws. 

Furthermore I choose to follow God's will every day.  I have free will and am responsible for my actions. 

Edited by Credo in Deum