An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Book On Homosexual Behaviour

Perigrina

I'm absolutely shocked, SHOCKED, that this gay thread is ending the same as the other 99. 

I'm absolutely shocked, SHOCKED, that this gay thread is ending the same as the other 99. 

That is rather optimistic of you.  I see no reason to think it is ending.

This thread exemplifies my biggest problem with Catholicism today. The majority of people here are human garbage cans who feel like they are in any kind of position to pass judgment against others.

The Magisterium of the Catholic Church is in exactly the position to teach about moral issues.  It has the duty and authority to do so. The Church teaches that sex acts between members of the same sex are gravely immoral and sinful. The Church teaches that marriage is between one man and one woman. Catholics who believe these things are only doing what Catholics ought to do - believing Church teaching.  We are not passing judgment against others.

you're through soup nazi

Just thought I should point out, in case anyone is wondering, that allusions to Seinfeld do not invoke Godwin's law.

This thread exemplifies my biggest problem with Catholicism today. The majority of people here are human garbage cans who feel like they are in any kind of position to pass judgment against others.

Like ive been saying, there are 4 theological virtues, faith, hope, love, and judgment. 

KnightofChrist

Bigoted Hypocrite, human beings aren't garbage cans.

Like ive been saying, there are 4 theological virtues, faith, hope, love, and judgment. 

There are only 3 theological virtues -faith hope and love/charity.  Judgment is one of the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit which we receive at Baptism and are strengthened at Confirmation.  

• Counsel (right judgement): with the gift of counsel/right judgment, we know the difference between right and wrong, and we choose to do what is right. A person with right judgment avoids sin and lives out the values taught by Jesus

According to St. Thomas Aquinas, the gift of counsel (right judgment) corresponds to the virtue of prudence.  This is one of the cardinal virtues, not theological virtues.

KnightofChrist

They sure eat a lot of garbage though.

Had someone called homosexauls garbage cans you would have defended their dignity, and rightfully so, rather than seeming to agree.