An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Heels Immodest?

the171

They are pretty. Why turn every beauty in the world into something sinful? Such is a sad way to go about living one's life.

I think given the times there is a certain worldliness we can enjoy. Outside of Church I share more of a liberal attitude towards female modesty. I personally like that my significant other can put on a sultry dress when we go out. We are so desensitized that such things have really little impact on men these days. 

Credo in Deum

We are so desensitized that such things have really little impact on men these days. 

How exactly have you come to such a conclusion?  

When I look at feet in heels I generally think "ow"

see what i did there?

Edited by chrysostom

HisChildForever

I think given the times there is a certain worldliness we can enjoy. Outside of Church I share more of a liberal attitude towards female modesty. I personally like that my significant other can put on a sultry dress when we go out. We are so desensitized that such things have really little impact on men these days. 

Honestly did not expect this kind of response from you.  :shock:

(edit for typo.)

Edited by HisChildForever

PhuturePriest

Back in the good ol' days, it was the men who wore the heels to show off their sumptuous calves. The ladies LOVED muscular calves back then. Unfortunately, we shifted all the weight of being sexually attractive to women, but in recent times society is trying to balance it back out with manscaping and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Sarcasm?

And the the OP, yes. Unequivocally yes.

No, I'm being quite serious. I know I have a tendency to be quite conservative, and it's true in the sacred sphere and where God's rights are concerned I fully and emphatically believe we need utmost reverence and respect to our ancestors, in the secular sphere and our daily interactions, I'm somewhat more open minded I guess you could say. I'm not saying I'm right, in fact I'm probably revealing a bit of my weakness here, but if on a night out to the City and the situation calls for it, I would prefer the person I'm with to wear something more stimulating albeit still classy than walking around like a prude. Sorry, but I'm not from Nebraska! And yes, I think men are desensitized because of all that we have been exposed to. Seeing an attractive leg might make me take a double look, maybe even stir the passions for a moment, but it wont break my chastity (it takes a lot more to do that!) No as for our counterparts in Saudi who do not even see the face of women or regularly engage with the opposite sex, I would image even the hint of a well shaped ankle might lead them down the dark path! So yes, at times I am a bit more open to stretching the laws outside of the sacred sphere, and that's a very human thing to do, and not saying I'm right. And no, the sight of a calf is not too sumptuous for a man unless you're from a really conservative place like Saudi Arabia or Nebraska. 

Edited by mortify ii

Lol idk if this is supposed to be a serious thread or not but I think heels are fine. It's when women wear those stripper heels with straps from practically the knee down that I think it's distasteful. Not necessarily too 'sumptuous' for men but kinda trashy looking.