An Old School Catholic Message Board

Time For The Summer Reading Thing, 2014!

AnneLine

Wowwie!  I'll have to do an update pretty soon... maybe by tomorrow night?  Everyone's been reading fast and furious... I'm chunking away, but don't have enough time to catch up with our usual suspects..... DtA and Carter, I don't know how you do it...  I know you do it, but I just wish I could figure out your secrets!

Edited by AnneLine

CountrySteve21

Me too! I'm still on the third book, I still got a little more than a hundred pages left. 

Oh and I am going to Florida this week (and driving) so I will have plenty of time to read! :evil: (my dad is driving not me of course :hehe: )

CountrySteve21

Me too! I'm still on the third book, I still got a little more than a hundred pages left. 

I ment first book. I don;t even know why i said third :hehe2:

TheresaThoma

Plugging away through St Thomas Aquinas' Commentary on the Gospel of St John. According to my Kindle I am about 20% of the way through. That will definitely be my challenge book. I'm also reading "Wherever He goes" By Fr Phillipe (also a commentary on the Gospel of St John). I might throw in a couple of other books in there just for fun but I'm really trying to focus on these two for now.

The laptop computer has gone away for an indefinite period of time so more reading (and letter writing) will get done.

I just went to two different libraries today! I also visited the online one to and got some books for my kindle. I will have a lot to read so beware guys! :evil:

Working on the Current Stats....

Tigger60 sent me a message a few days ago (when she was on vacation) that she had finished The Good Man (273 pages).

Not so many readers this year, but you are all working HARD!!!!  :bible: :bible: :bible:

Reading-book-010.jpg

maximillion

Meh.....falling badly behind. 

Only thing I have read aside from the LOTH is a book of popsicle recipes. It's full of pictures. 48 pages. Lots of ice!

Welll.... you all better say a prayer because I just did ALL the stats... and the laptop has frozen.  I am hopeful I can get it to unfreeze and get the data off... otherwise... (CRY!) I will have to start from square one and doe all of it all over again.

It took 3 hours so I really don't want to do that....

And you all might be interested in the numbers... if I can get 'em out to you... might be a few surprises in there!

Come on computer....   :sos:

And thank you to whoever did the praying because as mysteriously as it froze, it just unfroze.  Dangest thing I have ever seen....

So... in a few mins... we have the stats!  But I don't know if all the stuff was 'caught' when it did the auto save, so lemme check it over and then I will post it....

Thank you, Lord!  :heart:

OK... now it looks like I was able to pull everything back up (thank you, Lord!)... but it is possible that one or more small corrections didn't get caught.

Sorry if the number lines are a bit wonky... Phatmass was not designed to display stats!   :P

Please read your own info carefully and let me know if there are any mistakes.  I'll happily correct them next update if you ask nicely.   :)

For some of you I found a page count on Amazon, but it could be different from your copy, so check the numbers.   Country Steve, I used the page count from my own bible for the Book of Matthew... 'your mileage may differ'.   ;)

Surprise, Max!!!    So... do you think we can get to 50,000 pages by the end of the 'Book Thing'?  Maybe if we all start to push ourselves...... We're at a little over 10,000 right now.... Carter and DtA and Max... we need your help, but we will do our part!!!!

CURRENT STATS FOR

PHATMASS 2014

SUMMER READING Thing

As of 8:00 PM PST on July 9, 2014

Ancilla Domani “Cilla”

Books Read 3

Pages Read 1,567

Books in Progress 1

Books completed:

The Price to Pay .................................................................... 224

The Complete Plays of Gilbert & Sullivan ............................... 804

The Ear of the Heart ...............................................................539

Books in Progress:

L'Histoire d'une Âme (in french)

Anne Line “AL”

Books Read 1

Pages Read 272

Books in Progress 4

Books Completed:

The Arm of the Starfish ............................................................ 272

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  The Collected Letters of

….. St Teresa of Jesus, Vol 1 (702 pages)

Star Trek Classic Episodes, Vo. 1 (656 pages)

Autobiography of a Hunted Priest (395 pages)

The Book Thief (576 pages)

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

Diary of St. Faustina ................................................................. 644

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  The Fire Within (358 pages)

Cartermia “Carter”

Books Read 14

Pages Read 4,321

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

Mary, Blood Mary ...................................................................... 227

Beware, Princess Elizabeth ....................................................... 214

Doomed Queen Anne ............................................................... 240

Patience, Princess Catherine ................................................... 208

Duchessina: A Novel of Catherine de Medici ............................ 272

The Bad Queen ........................................................................ 420

The Wild Queen ........................................................................ 420

What’s Left of Me ...................................................................... 352

Once We Were ......................................................................... 352

The Lost Year of Merlin ............................................................ 336

The 7 Longs of Merlin ............................................................... 336

The Fires of Merlin .................................................................... 320

The Mirror of Merlin ................................................................... 256

The Wings of Merlin .................................................................. 368

Books in Progress:

Thirteen Reasons Why

CHALLENGE BOOK:  The Black Narcissus (224 pages)

Chrysostom

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

none

Books in Progress:

The Black Arrow (240 pages)

Country Steve 21

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 4

Books Completed:

none

Books in Progress:

Holy Gospel According to Matthew (31 pages)

Navarre Commentary on the

…..Gospel of Matthew (217 pages)

CHALLENGE BOOK:  Life and Revelations

…..of St. Gertrude (545 pages)

The Inside Story on Vatican II (488 pages)

Credo In Deum

Books Read 1

Pages Read 208

Books in Progress 1

Books Completed:

7 Secrets of Confession ........................................................ 208

Books in Progress:

The End of the Present World (310 pages)

Deus te Amat “DtA”

Books Read 8

Pages Read 1,967

Books in Progress “not saying1”

Books Completed:

Anne of Green Gables ........................................................... 336

The Hawk and the Dove Trilogy (3 books) ............................. 560

Anne of Avonlea ..................................................................... 302

Anne of the Island .................................................................. 244

Anne of Windy Poplars ........................................................... 288

Anne’s House of Dreams ........................................................ 238

Books in Progress:

“not saying!”

Future Priest

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

n/a

Books in Progress:

The Hobbit (300 pages)

CHALLENGE BOOK:  The City of God (1194 Pages)

Maximillion

Books Read 5 (“plus a few more on Kindle!”)

Pages Read 858

Books in Progress 4

Books Completed:

A Country Child ................................................................... 216

Monastery Without Walls ..................................................... 196

Out of Her Mind .................................................................... 224

Poverty, Chastity & Obedience .............................................194

The Very Hungry Caterpillar .................................................. 28

And a few more on Kindle (to be documented)

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE BOOK:  one of last year’s

…..philosophy books, TBA….

Consoling the Heart of Jesus (488 pages)

Companion to Consoling the

…..Heart of Jesus (128 pages)

Murder Simply Brewed (368 pages)

Spem In Alium “Spem”

Books Read 1

Pages Read 224

Books in Progress 4

Books Completed:

Remember Me .......................................................................... 224

Books in Progress:

Joseph Most Just (_____ pages)

Joseph and Jesus (_____ pages)

Mary and Joseph (_____ pages)

CHALLENGE BOOK: The Fatherhood

….. of St. Joseph (_____ pages)

Theresa Thoma “TT”

Books Read 0

Pages Read 0

Books in Progress 2

Books Completed:

None

Books in Progress:

CHALLENGE:  St. Thomas Aquinas’ Commentary

….. on the Gospel of St. John (1044 pages)

Wherever He Goes (_____ pages)

Tigger 60

Books Read 1

Pages Read 273

Books in Progress 1

Completed Books:

A Good Man ................................................................................ 273

Books in Progress:

Everybody’s Got Something (_____ Pages)

TOTALS:

NUMBER OF READERS ………………   13

DOCUMENTED BOOKS READ ……    34

BOOKS IN PROGRESS ……………….    52

PAGES READ:   …………………….. 10,335

CURRENT LEADERS:

DOCUMENTED BOOKS READ:

1ST Place .................... Carter Mia ...................................... 14

2nd Place .................... DTA ................................................   8

3rd Place ..................... Maximillion ......................................   5

DOCUMENTED PAGES READ:

1ST Place ..................... Carter Mia ..........................4,321

2nd Place .....................  Deus Te Amat .................. 1,967

3rd Place ...................... Ancilla Domani .................. 1,567

book_boy_reading.gif?w=468

Edited by AnneLine