An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Blog Launched!

NunMother

It's a lovely blog - I'm just looking through it for the first time.  I like the balance of blog posts/pictures about daily life and the descriptions of the features of your charism and community.  It's well organized and nice to look at.  The saint-roll down the right hand side is also a highlight.  :)

I was happy to see the blog post mentioning spiritual motherhood.  It's such a beautiful mission close to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

This might not be quite appropriate for religious order blogs per se, but I do like reading spiritual meditations and thoughts from religious. Either anonymous or not. What was particularly meaningful in the collect of the day? What did one learn in the silence of adoration? Etc.

AccountDeleted

The Passionist Nuns of Whitesville, KY just launched their new updated blog! 

What would you like to see more of on religious orders' blogs? 

http://www.passionistnunsblog.com

Thank you for all suggestions!

It's lovely, thanks NunMother. I'm boring but I like photos - you know the old saying about one picture being worth a thousand words. I enjoy the stories and updates, but I'm a visual person and photos are lovely to look at. Thanks again.

It's a lovely blog - I'm just looking through it for the first time.  I like the balance of blog posts/pictures about daily life and the descriptions of the features of your charism and community.  It's well organized and nice to look at.  The saint-roll down the right hand side is also a highlight.  :)

I was happy to see the blog post mentioning spiritual motherhood.  It's such a beautiful mission close to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

This might not be quite appropriate for religious order blogs per se, but I do like reading spiritual meditations and thoughts from religious. Either anonymous or not. What was particularly meaningful in the collect of the day? What did one learn in the silence of adoration? Etc.

I'm the opposite, I don't like reading individuals' thoughts and meditations - it feels far too private and personal. Added to that, the fact that nuns are separated from the world in various ways, to have them physically separate but publishing their thoughts? - It makes me uncomfortable.

That's not a criticism of this blog in particular, NunMother! It's really clean and streamlined - I like the update!