An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman Appointed Rector Of A Pontifical University For The First Time E

Chiquitunga

awesome! & neat, she's an expert on St. Anthony of Padua! http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/the-vatican/detail/articolo/fede-faith-fe-donne-women-mujeres-35058/

"Women cannot measure how much space they have in the Church in comparison to men: we have a space of our own, which is neither smaller nor greater than the space men occupy. It is our space. Thinking that we have to achieve what men have, will not get us anywhere. Of course, although the steps we take may be real, this does not mean the job is complete. A great deal more can be done but there is change, you can see it, feel it. I think that (my case aside) the election of a woman in a pontifical university is also proof this. The body who elected me was made up entirely of men!” So doesn’t the Church need gender quotas? “No, it doesn’t need quotas, it needs collaboration. And collaboration needs to grow!”"

Chiquitunga

yeah, I like what she says :like:

“I don’t give much importance to these kinds of labels, female theology ... The reference to female theology does not really fit with my vision of things: all that exists is theology."

"A woman’s approach to mystery, the way in which she reflects on this mystery which offers itself and reveals itself, is certainly different from that of a man. But they do not contrast."

Edited by Chiquitunga