An Old School Catholic Message Board

French Dissidence (about Time!)

mortify ii

French Dissidence  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil Obstat

Putin is akin to a Charlemagne or king David

I really don't know what to say to this. For once in my life, I'm speechless. Putin and King David. Okay then.  :mail:  :unsure:  :sos:

I know what to say. It is related to bovines, but unfortunately it is not entirely appropriate for the Phatmass audience.

Lilllabettt

I really don't know what to say to this. For once in my life, I'm speechless. Putin and King David. Okay then.  :mail:  :unsure:  :sos:

they are both murderers?

Yes, King David the Israelite Imperialist King who laid waste to numerous people and committed acts of genocide. He even committed adultery with another man's wife and had him fight the front lines so that he might die. And yet he is the only soul scripture dubs as being after the heart of God. So we really can't judge any soul because we don't know their internal disposition.

russiaelection020329-300x300.jpg

Right, and my point is that the history of this point of view in America is violently anti-Catholic. Think the Nativist Party (and the KKK, although that's a rabbit hole I'd rather not dive down). Not that people who hold these opinions are that radical, most aren't. But they are leaning towards that tradition, whether they like it or not. 

Therefore, as a Catholic, I think it's my duty to resist these strands of thought, rather than champion them. 

No one is supporting violence against immigrants or saying immigration has to stop, what we're saying is immigrants ought to accept the laws of the nation they migrate to and assimilate. Don't most American's agree that people who move here should learn English? That's what was expected of the Germans, Italians, and Poles that immigrated. 

Edited by mortify ii

"None of us finds it difficult to love the neighbor who seems inferior to us.

But to love someone we know is superior is another thing."

Semper Catholic

Always love when so called militant groups saber rattle and make statements about how things need to change and "we need to fight back."

The one absolute truth is that these groups are all deep down made of cowards who are all to scared to actually fight.

Credo in Deum

1394312611101.jpg

Yeah I don't get it. Also I believe that actor is the one in the movie "To End All Wars". You should watch that movie. Edited by Credo in Deum

Semper Catholic

Yukio Mishima was no coward

o2Dat.jpg

Yeah he also didn't spend his time crapposting memes on the Internet and talking a big game.

Yeah he also didn't spend his time crapposting memes on the Internet and talking a big game.

Talking big game? Do you even know what's going on in this thread?

Yeah I don't get it. Also I believe that actor is the one in the movie "To End All Wars". You should watch that movie.

Yukio Mishima. Really interesting person, poet, actor, philosopher, homosexual, and truly superior and noble spirit.