An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is Transgender(ism ?) Homosexuality Not A Mental Disorder

superblue

KnightofChrist

​With that logic in mind, just because a Bishop doesn't believe something does not automatically mean it is not valid, and also Arian heretics really has nothing to do with anything of this.

​Sure they do, the point was to show bishops can be wrong even when in the majority. Just because a Bishop may support an heresy or error doesn't make the heresy or error true. Sure it can work in reverse, just because a bishop doesn't believe something does not automatically mean it is not valid. Just because Bishop Coyne has come out in support of transsexualism, doesn't mean that it's ok. Bishops have also recently come out in support of gay marriage, other other errors.

There is nothing wrong with a Bishop in the Catholic Church welcoming transgender, homosexuals, convicted criminals, lapsed Catholics , people with disabilities , or anyone else here on this planet to the Catholic ( universal ) Church.The " life styles " associated with each isn't really a giant factor that should prohibit anyone from entering a Church and wanting to become Catholic, we have guidelines in place, if we are in a state of sin, we go to reconciliation and hope to do better the following week. Things that are obviously never going to change in the church are women becoming valid priests, and more likely than not ,  the stance in regards to marriage ( which includes heterosexuals, and priests ) that is where those people who want to be in the Church need to come to an understanding and acceptance. {which I personally do not like using the label of life style, as if transgender people and homosexuals are living some perverted life of immorality from sunrise to sunset. I find that mindset to be garbage.}

The problem is that transgender people, and homosexuals feel excluded from the R.C.C when they actually are not. The real problem is those people loving their status in the church, being in a clique , and or donating so much that they feel they have bought a place in church and holding themselves in some superimposed sense of authority that they actually do not have, who then in turn see someone who doesn't fit the norm of who they expect to see in the pew on any given day let alone Sunday and their real colors start show through, and then that person who was searching for Christ gets drift of what is going on, and instead of being welcomed into that particular parish now is feeling like an outcast and goes else where, we can only hope to another Catholic Church.

• 1 month later...

There is nothing wrong with a Bishop in the Catholic Church welcoming transgender, homosexuals, convicted criminals, lapsed Catholics , people with disabilities , or anyone else here on this planet to the Catholic ( universal ) Church.The " life styles " associated with each isn't really a giant factor that should prohibit anyone from entering a Church and wanting to become Catholic, we have guidelines in place, if we are in a state of sin, we go to reconciliation and hope to do better the following week. Things that are obviously never going to change in the church are women becoming valid priests, and more likely than not ,  the stance in regards to marriage ( which includes heterosexuals, and priests ) that is where those people who want to be in the Church need to come to an understanding and acceptance. {which I personally do not like using the label of life style, as if transgender people and homosexuals are living some perverted life of immorality from sunrise to sunset. I find that mindset to be garbage.}

The problem is that transgender people, and homosexuals feel excluded from the R.C.C when they actually are not. The real problem is those people loving their status in the church, being in a clique , and or donating so much that they feel they have bought a place in church and holding themselves in some superimposed sense of authority that they actually do not have, who then in turn see someone who doesn't fit the norm of who they expect to see in the pew on any given day let alone Sunday and their real colors start show through, and then that person who was searching for Christ gets drift of what is going on, and instead of being welcomed into that particular parish now is feeling like an outcast and goes else where, we can only hope to another Catholic Church.

​The problem here isn't about sinners not being welcomed into the Church, but about people publicly dissenting and proclaiming certain grave sins to not be sins, and even demanding that the Church change her moral teachings and bless sinful "relationships."

no i still stand with what i said, though i also agree with what ya added and would also throw that in with my previous statement now.