An Old School Catholic Message Board

Church Militant Pledge Thread

dUSt

I'm in the mood to make some more people Church Militant. Here's how it will work.

Step 1: All you need to do is read the phatmass mission:

Our mission is to live and defend the faith given to us by Jesus Christ by remaining totally and completely obedient to the teaching authority of His Church. We encourage dialogue between people of all faiths and recognize that we are all striving for holiness.

We feel that it is of primary importance to promote and adore His Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist, develop a habit of prayer, and work for a renewal of reverence in the Sacred Mass, which will help us all in our journey to grow closer to Jesus Christ, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

We recognize that we are in a constant battle of good vs evil, and ask for the intercession of our Blessed Mother Mary and all the Saints in Heaven for a removal of pride and an increase in humility, with our ultimate goal being sainthood.

Then, reply to this thread with "AMEN" if you agree with the mission and promise to uphold it while posting on phatmass, to the best of your ability.

Step 2: Then, if three Church Militant members prop your reply, I will make you Church Militant.

Easy peezy.

Aymen

Mortify I + Mortify II = nearly 10 years of solid, controversial, thought-provoking Catholic entertainment and philosophizing

Anastasia13

AMEN

But Lord have mercy on me and guide me in knowledge and wisdom. 

Edited by Light and Truth

maximillion

Okay, time to pin the colours to the mast..............

I rebel in mind if not in practice, but I also keep my opinions to myself.

So, I am not always obedient to Church teaching - though I do adhere to it, kicking and screaming in some instances so I can't in all honesty say Amen to 

'remaining totally and completely obedient to the teaching authority of His Church.'

Working towards, yes, but not there yet.

Totally and completely? I admire you guys, I am not sure I am totally and completely anything, except His.............

Edited by maximillion

domenica_therese

AMEN

Though, tbh, there's a different tag I have my eyes on... :)

I feel like this granting of Church Militancy just escalated super quickly, and there's going to suddenly be a catch. Like all Church Militant must labor for three years in a forced labor camp to maintain the servers... or all Church Militant must do the Camino on their knees for the Phorum's intentions. :P

Okay, time to pin the colours to the mast..............

I rebel in mind if not in practice, but I also keep my opinions to myself.

So, I am not always obedient to Church teaching - though I do adhere to it, kicking and screaming in some instances so I can't in all honesty say Amen to 

'remaining totally and completely obedient to the teaching authority of His Church.'

Working towards, yes, but not there yet.

Totally and completely? I admire you guys, I am not sure I am totally and completely anything, except His.............

That sounds like an AMEN to me..... we are a Church of sinners, but we all try.....

maximillion

It comes down to intention.

Do I live intentionally as a Catholic insofar as I am also a sinner - then yes, so Amen to that.

TheresaThoma

Amen!
(I have definitely lately been getting better at getting to adoration myself and not just shoving my housemates out to go)