An Old School Catholic Message Board

Internet Emotions

dUSt

Let me explain something.

You should never get mad, feel bad, act sad, or get stressed out over something said on the INTERNET.

It's pixels people. Not real life.

Would you let a Roomba ruin your day!?!?

No? Then don't let the internet ruin your day. People on the internet are NOT REAL. They are pixels on your screen. They do not exist in real life and should not have any affect on your real life emotions.

Allow reality to depress you--not fictitious caricatures that are presented on the internet. In other words, don't let Dustin Hoffman put you in a rut just because he played such a hateful version of Captain Hook.

K bye.

Internet personas are characters.

On the internet, I play a person in charge of things.

In real life, I am but a feeble pansy that is not in charge of anything.

If I do it, everyone must do it.

When I learned this, I was no longer emotionally affected by internet.

Let me explain something.

You should never get mad, feel bad, act sad, or get stressed out over something said on the INTERNET.

It's pixels people. Not real life.

Would you let a Roomba ruin your day!?!?

No? Then don't let the internet ruin your day. People on the internet are NOT REAL. They are pixels on your screen. They do not exist in real life and should not have any affect on your real life emotions.

Allow reality to depress you--not fictitious caricatures that are presented on the internet. In other words, don't let Dustin Hoffman put you in a rut just because he played such a hateful version of Captain Hook.

K bye.

sweets, 

tumblr_mo21h1wfdB1r2fqvso1_500.gif

I know Im in the minority here, but I do think people on the internet are real and I dont believe charity should stop as soon as we sit our fat asses down and log on. 

Just my thoughts. Burn me at the stake if you feel it will appease your sensibilities. 

Credo in Deum

I know Im in the minority here, but I do think people on the internet are real and I dont believe charity should stop as soon as we sit our fat asses down and log on.

My ass is huskey.

Just my thoughts. Burn me at the stake if you feel it will appease your sensibilities.

Burn you at the stake? Heavens no. I prefer a rack of lamb. Bazing! Edited by Credo in Deum

OnlySunshine

omg-too-much.gif

Some people will expect a Catholic site to live up to better standards than a general public forum. If it's more free going and not serious then everyone needs to be clear from the offset. But if a poster does typical forum stuff one minute and the next minute they switch to telling someone the moral orthodoxy of how to act/think the next then I can see why people may take more issue with certain things that are said.