An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For Peg, Please....

miserere55

Hi Priends,.........Last week, Peg, a lady in my Parish, entered into Monastic life at the tender age of 60.  She is a mother, grandmother and a recent convert.  I know she would appreciate any and all prayers....so if you can afford one or two, please offer them.  And for all of the "older discerners," God doesn't see age, only the intentions of one's soul and the love in one's heart.  Thank You!

Swami Mommy

May I ask what order she entered that allowed her to enter despite her advanced age? Is it in the U.S.? Great news for older discerners!

AccountDeleted

She will certainly get my prayers. Personally I have never found age to be a bar to entering religious life - however it does limit one's options quite a lot - but then again, that might be a blessing in disguise. :)

????  

2f583ba29718d3e32194befc447c9bc9.gif

I don't know what the Catholic equivalent is --- I was actually going to ask if there is one.  When someone enters monastic life in the Orthodox tradition you wish them a 'blessed repentance'.  Of course, repentance and theosis are the normative goals for all Christians but the monastic is able to focus on this without (or with minimized) worldly cares. 

Edited by 1054