An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who In Here, The Vocation Station, Wants Some Responsibility?

dUSt

NO CILANTRO!?!?!?! YOU PEOPLE ARE NUTS!!! PURGE PURGE!!!!

(ok I wont purge you but youre still nuts for not liking cilantro)

OnlySunshine

NO CILANTRO!?!?!?! YOU PEOPLE ARE NUTS!!! PURGE PURGE!!!!

(ok I wont purge you but youre still nuts for not liking cilantro)

My mom and I can't tolerate the smell or taste at all.  The best way to describe it is a bitter lemon soap taste that makes me want to gag.  :X

My mom and I can't tolerate the smell or taste at all.  The best way to describe it is a bitter lemon soap taste that makes me want to gag.  :x

Ive heard Julia Childs didnt like it either  :/ oh well more for me!

OnlySunshine

Ive heard Julia Childs didnt like it either  :/ oh well more for me!

Yeah, I heard that, too.  Weird.  It's a 50/50 scenario.  You either love it or you hate it.  I hate it.  :X

Lilllabettt

Julia Child and MM are both working for al Qaeda. I knew it.

***oh and MM's mom too***

Edited by Lilllabettt

OnlySunshine

Julia Child and MM are both working for al Qaeda. I knew it.

***oh and MM's mom too***

:shock:

Anastasia13

My mom and I can't tolerate the smell or taste at all.  The best way to describe it is a bitter lemon soap taste that makes me want to gag.  :x

Cilanto is awesomesauce.

Getting Over Cilantro

For those looking to acclimate themselves to cilantro, mincing, pulverizing, or crushing cilantro is a good place to start. Bruising cilantro through these methods releases enzymes that break down the offending aldehyde compounds, leaving them less flavorful and aromatic and allowing other flavor compounds to shine through.

Cooking cilantro also greatly reduces its potency, which is why most recipes call for adding it fresh as a topper after cooking. If you're looking for a little cilantro flavor without a super strong in-your-face presence, try adding it to food as it cooks to lessen its strength.

http://foodreference.about.com/od/Herbs-and-Spices/a/Why-Does-Cilantro-Taste-Soapy.htm

I un-nominate AnneLine because she's a total sweetheart and she will never deserve a single bit of hate mail or anger even though she'll get it as a mod.

Edited by chrysostom

Dust,

I would be interested in assuming responsibility for Vocation Station. I have been around for several years and belong to no group or have a particular friendship at this time. I have submitted topics over the years that have brought about discussion.I have a Masters Degree in Library Science and am computer literate.

I am comfortable with being bullied as I am an open gay person on Vocation Station. However, we remain celibate and attend church etc.I support members of VS whom enter communities by having novenas said in their class honor for DSMME as well as for a Carmelite.

As I read these pages I must say if I were the one choosing a couple of names would be deleted immediately. It only take one submission to express interest and convey your sincerity and humility. I would be honored to have further discussion with you at your will. Thanks Darlene Steinemann

eat cilantro or the terrorists will win.

I knew that must be the reason I've got tons growing in my garden. (Used a lot in Mid-Eastern and Indian cooking, both being favorite cuisines of mine)