An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who In Here, The Vocation Station, Wants Some Responsibility?

dUSt

Mater,

It is the intention behind the joking. You all know the policies and one is not to hijack a thread. For me, since it is a very serious post, it should have remained that way and the cilantro business could have been shared on the lame board. It has no business in Vocation Station. You are showing disrespect  to DUST  as well as  the Vocation station board. I would enforce that policy of not hijacking. It is not just you - all the talk of pizza and cookies etc do not belong here either. The purpose is too discuss issues relating to a vocation to religious life, priesthood, brothers, etc.

Actually ... as an ex-mod and an 8 year member of Phatmass I will speak.

Threads are hijacked.  Some is allowed.  Some levity is nice ... because it serves to break the ice around here especially when things do get tense.  And as long as the levity isn't mean, here on Phatmass it is ok to an extent.

Now opening threads not related to VS ... well, stuff on pizza etc. would need to move but stuff about more serious things (especially from VSers who don't venture much out of VS) have been allowed just because of some of what has happened in other areas of the board.

And well -- there is a line.  I think on one of the threads where the talk was going from VS related to more of a Church general argument (which isn't allowed) I stepped in.  But the occasional (and I do mean occasional) joke is traditionally allowed.

And there *is* a way to bring the thread back.  You can always try a gentle nudge.  And *then* get firmer.

Finally -- there is a general light mod rule.  That is a bit different in here in Vocation Station (modding is a bit heavier in here), but the idea is not to mod so much either.  Just when needed.  Not sure if I kept the right balance in here but I did try.

Edited by cmaD2006

Actually ... as an ex-Minion of Death and an 8 year member of Phatmass I will speak.

Threads are hijacked.  Some is allowed.  Some levity is nice ... because it serves to break the ice around here especially when things do get tense.  And as long as the levity isn't mean, here on Phatmass it is ok to an extent.

Now opening threads not related to VS ... well, stuff on pizza etc. would need to move but stuff about more serious things (especially from VSers who don't venture much out of VS) have been allowed just because of some of what has happened in other areas of the board.

And well -- there is a line.  I think on one of the threads where the talk was going from VS related to more of a Church general argument (which isn't allowed) I stepped in.  But the occasional (and I do mean occasional) joke is traditionally allowed.

And there *is* a way to bring the thread back.  You can always try a gentle nudge.  And *then* get firmer.

I appreciate your candor and your responding to me.

Finally -- there is a general light Minion of Death rule.  That is a bit different in here in Vocation Station (modding is a bit heavier in here), but the idea is not to Minion of Death so much either.  Just when needed.  Not sure if I kept the right balance in here but I did try.

First of all thank you for your wise words! Second I know there are things I do not know about the workings of VS. For example I have absolutely no idea what a Minion of Death is nor where to find the rules. Third, I appreciate you responding to me and your candor in doing so. I am a former Sister of Notre Dame and a Vietnam Era Veteran. I attended Drill Sergeant school so I know that I would to not be as stron of a person as I am. After all I may be a closet Minion of Death???!! LOL

Not a problem ... just needed to kind of clarify.  There is a sort of culture here. :)

Oh and if people haven't noticed yet ... the fiddler now changes m o d  to minion of death.  Brillant I say, Brilliant!

:evil:

OnlySunshine

Not a problem ... just needed to kind of clarify.  There is a sort of culture here. :)

Oh and if people haven't noticed yet ... the fiddler now changes m o d  to minion of death.  Brillant I say, Brilliant!

:evil:

9b177e5de625a8420dd839bb1561280d.jpeg

Catherine Therese

I see the seagull's gone.

Perhaps an indication that none of us pray enough... let us return to our recitation of the penitential psalms so that we can encounter again that lonely bird on a roof. 

Credo in Deum

I'm your Mod! Muhahahaha! All who are in VS will have to post an image of a habit once a week. For those who do not meet this quota you will have to start a topic either in open mic or the debate table and will have to spend an entire day there posting and replying to posts.

For those who send hate mail your messages will be posted in a new thread called "wolves in sheep's clothing".

Pax :)

she_who_is_not

HI guys!

Just popping in to saying I'm praying for all you cilantro haters.

And the new mod