An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

My 6th great grandfather founded a Kentucky county. I am related to Pocahontas, or so claims my aunt...  

OnlySunshine

I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was a kid because I love animals so much but I have allergies to all kinds of pet dander so that wouldn't be a good profession.

TheresaThoma

I used to tap dance and do ballet. I really miss both of them, but I don't have the time or money to continue with either of them.

Now that's really :joecool: Which ones?

St. Arnulf of Metz

St. David of Scotland

St. Margaret of Scotland

St. Ladislas of Hungary

St. Stephen of Hungary

All through the same side of the family, the Ogles of Northumberland

brandelynmarie

St. Arnulf of Metz
St. David of Scotland
St. Margaret of Scotland
St. Ladislas of Hungary
St. Stephen of Hungary

All through the same side of the family, the Ogles of Northumberland

You've really got connections there, CatherineM :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint:

Catherine Therese

My great, great, great uncle James defeated John L. Sullivan in the 21st round to become the first ever boxing heavyweight world champion under the Marquis of Queensberry rules. Happened back in the 1890s in New Orleans, I think.

Some 50 years later, Errol Flynn played the role of my uncle in a movie called "Gentleman Jim."

My great, great, great uncle James defeated John L. Sullivan in the 21st round to become the first ever boxing heavyweight world champion under the Marquis of Queensberry rules. Happened back in the 1890s in New Orleans, I think.

Some 50 years later, Errol Flynn played the role of my uncle in a movie called "Gentleman Jim."

Cool

OnlySunshine

I wanted to take ballet lessons when I was a child but my pediatrician told my mom that I had weak ankles and was not suitable for ballet.  I'm glad he said that because I had a lot of trouble with them growing up (popping out of place for a second and aching) and I'm sure they would have been damaged if I was a ballerina.

My great (great?) grandfather wrote the Cuban National Anthem. 

My great grandmother never cursed. Unless talking about Fidel Castro.