An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Board: The Purged

dUSt

Welcome back!  So you're on here, but can't PM?  Or has that been given back too now? 

This place confuses me sometimes (I admit that's not a difficult thing to do). 

Not sure how a forum based on Christianity can't see the irony in this.

Speaking of ironic....

What is unChristrian about expecting a tone of civility when posting, expecting a sense of forgiveness when offended, expecting a bit if humility when debating, expecting a modicum of charity when disagreeing, expecting a certain level of loyalty and obedience to the Church if posting here and representing oneself as Catholic.

Personally l think your manner of questioning the Christianity of pushing for better behavior a little ironic.

Anastasia13

Welcome back!  So you're on here, but can't PM?  Or has that been given back too now? 

This place confuses me sometimes (I admit that's not a difficult thing to do). 

Hang in there. You got involved just before the phorum starting going through some management structure changes. Things will be less confusing soon. This happens every once in a while, but then things settle down for a bit.

Edited by Light and Truth

Floating an idea: For any report, the reporter will share in the punishment meted out, although it may well be a lesser punishment for the person who reports than the person who is reported. This will discourage some of the whiniest people, since a suspension from this site would probably mean a serious dent in their social circle/attention fix. And it lets someone share in suffering, which is redemptive.

But really, it will probably alleviate petty complaints. One way or the other.

Anastasia13

Floating an idea: For any report, the reporter will share in the punishment meted out, although it may well be a lesser punishment for the person who reports than the person who is reported. This will discourage some of the whiniest people, since a suspension from this site would probably mean a serious dent in their social circle/attention fix. And it lets someone share in suffering, which is redemptive.

I have scarcely reported anyone here, and you want me to be punished for reporting someone?

This is not a cool idea at all.

The reports I've seen come through, for the most part aren't whiny.   The biggest issue is that at times when things are blowing up in a thread, you may get maybe one person reporting.  Or -- a mod notices it.

How about changing the Winchester Line so that it is clearer and enforceable?

AccountDeleted

I go away for a few hours  for the LOH and then Novitiate and when I get back I see I have missed all the fun of the purged board! Was I purged too?

Phatmass hasn't been this exciting since the great debates that led to the exodus and formation of the Sub Tuum board. Wow! Happy, happy, joy, joy! :)

And no, I didn't report anyone because the people who sent me nasty emails were anonymous and I won't accuse without proof. I would do so if I got a nasty PM, but some people like to make their attacks in sneaky ways, and I am not up to seeking out IP addresses or dealing with VPNs or other things like that. 

I did assume however, after some unadmiring comments about me in VS that I would get nominated for banning - but I missed the results so now I'll never know! :(

Anyway, does this mean we are all now one, big happy family again?????

Nunsense ... from what I can tell you didn't get "purged".  :)  You missed it by MINUTES. (the change back of the former purged to non-purged was about 10-15-20 minutes ago).

Edited by cmaD2006

I did assume however, after some unadmiring comments about me in VS that I would get nominated for banning - but I missed the results so now I'll never know! :(

If you are wondering about me, I did not nominate you.

Anastasia13

This is not a cool idea at all.

The reports I've seen come through, for the most part aren't whiny.   The biggest issue is that at times when things are blowing up in a thread, you may get maybe one person reporting.  Or -- a mod notices it.

How about changing the Winchester Line so that it is clearer and enforceable?

So more of us should report?

So more of us should report?

My personal opinion -- yes.  If there is a problem (even a perceived issue) hit the button and explain why you are reporting it.  But that's my opinion.

dUSt? Your turn :)

Floating better idea: making you a mod.