An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Board: The Purged

dUSt

Floating better idea: making you a mod.

Lol ... then the Winchester line would really BE the Winchester Line

rotfl

Here's my take on phatmass stuff:

Anything that takes up time to deal with hinders on my ability to run phatmass.

Frivolous reports take time to deal with.

Long explanations take time to deal with.

Members who never break a guideline but always seem to be in the middle of drama take time to deal with.

Actions that require one to go back and read through 10 pages of posts take time to deal with.

Figuring out who goes in what group takes time to deal with.

I want a self governing community. Any time I get an email requiring me to take action, my first plan of action is to eliminate whatever is causing me to take a break from my Downton Abbey time.

Anastasia13

My personal opinion -- yes.  If there is a problem (even a perceived issue) hit the button and explain why you are reporting it.  But that's my opinion.

dUSt? Your turn :)

What kind of issues though? I think you touched on rules being clear cut in the VS forum, but outside of cussing and bad sexual expression, can you elaborate on what to report?

AccountDeleted

Nunsense ... from what I can tell you didn't get "purged".  :)  You missed it by MINUTES. (the change back of the former purged to non-purged was about 10-15-20 minutes ago).

Well, I guess I have to tell my Prioress that I can't be away from my keyboard for more than a few minutes at a time just in case something exciting happens here! :P

If you are wondering about me, I did not nominate you.

Why would I wonder about you? I assumed you liked me because of my wonderfully abrasive personality that adds so much spice to VS.

Now I feel sad that you might not like me ?  :(

Just kidding. I think one of the things you don't get about me is my sense of humour - it is slightly odd I know, but then I was born and raised in the US, moved to Oz when I was 17, lived in Mexico, Singapore and England for years -- and all of those different cultures merged my sense of humor (humour) into something really unusual I guess.

In the DT, watch out for me - I will join in with the rest - and that may be where I sound abrasive. In VS, I do try very hard to be charitable and never personally insulting to anyone - but I know that not only can I fail in this effort, but on the Internet, people can also misinterpret what I say.

And one thing I will defend inside and out is a Catholic's right to do the things that Church allows, even if some people still aren't comfortable with all of the changes since Vatican 2. I don't mean that to sound abrasive, but it might come across that way. I will try to be more aware of that in future.

Let's hug :buddies: Edited by nunsense

This is madness.

Done.

Now I just need to convince MIKolbe to come back. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. Put the people with the most social influence in positions of responsibility.

Brilliant.

Why would I wonder about you? I assumed you liked me because of my wonderfully abrasive personality that adds so much spice to VS.

Now I feel sad that you might not like me ?  :(

Just kidding. I think one of the things you don't get about me is my sense of humour - it is slightly odd I know, but then I was born and raised in the US, moved to Oz when I was 17, lived in Mexico, Singapore and England for years -- and all of those different cultures merged my sense of humor (humour) into something really unusual I guess.

In the DT, watch out for me - I will join in with the rest - and that may be where I sound abrasive. In VS, I do try very hard to be charitable and never personally insulting to anyone - but I know that not only can I fail in this effort, but on the Internet, people can also misinterpret what I say.

And one thing I will defend inside and out is a Catholic's right to do the things that Church allows, even if some people still aren't comfortable with all of the changes since Vatican 2. I don't mean that to sound abrasive, but it might come across that way. I will try to be more aware of that in future.

Let's hug :buddies:

I never said you were abrasive.  You do not seem to get that I have a sense of humour too.  You often seem to be trying to make up from a fight that we never had.  I don't like hugs.

Nihil Obstat

I never did get a chance to show my mettle as a mod. What do you say; let bygones be bygones and give it another shot? :|

AccountDeleted

I never said you were abrasive.  You do not seem to get that I have a sense of humour too.  You often seem to be trying to make up from a fight that we never had.  I don't like hugs.

Not even Internet hugs? Wow. So sorry.