An Old School Catholic Message Board

Now That Rsh Is Very Active....

blazeingstar

blazeingstar

dUST,

Now that RSH is very active, I've noticed that its not really about RSH but quite a bit about reproductive health and relationship issues.

Would you consider a sub forum, 21 plus, ask for password for non-children relationship and health issues?

This would give those adults here a place to talk over serious Catholic issues facing the world today that are not always appropriate for young ears but clog up the RSH board with topics that aren't about RSH.

I know you feel that we have the vocation forum because vocations must be supported in a unique way.  However, today at the dentist, I really felt moved to ask you, yet again for a forum for those adults trying to live out the catholic way.

Its REALLY hard.  It's hard when I get stared at for not living together with my fiancee'.  It's hard to deal with the smug look and whispers that my marriage will fail.  It's hard to go to the dr, say I'm not sexually active and then be handed a pregnancy test.  It's hard to be a practicing engaged Catholic, far harder being engaged than I thought it would be.  

Those discerning marriage, or navigating marriage, do need a strong, safe spot to go.  Not to gossip or to shame the general public but to have an "Upper Room" where we can go to discuss things like sex or laungeree,  marriage prep, intimacy and non-child related adult topics.

Today was hard, dUST, and I can't immagine that most of the adults here are treated any better when it comes to living a Catholic life.  The older you get, the harder it gets.  While it's great to share some of this with younger members, sometimes it's good to have peer support.  In real life, I literally know only one, 2-parent practicing Catholic family.  My own parents go but don't really believe in Catholicism, and while my Fiancee's mother believes, his father goes because its different from TV.  I have so few role-models of faithful Catholic couples.  Heck, even married non-Catholic couples.

Please, give us a closed space to foster a community in which we can speak openly about serious topics and not overwhelm the RSH, therefore getting that board back on track about RSH.

HisChildForever

But it's not like there's pages upon pages of topics on child-rearing. If you eliminate the discussions on relationships and sexuality there'd be very little activity on that forum.

blazeingstar

But it's not like there's pages upon pages of topics on child-rearing. If you eliminate the discussions on relationships and sexuality there'd be very little activity on that forum.

I think it would give it room to grow.  RSH, their issues, and needs are getting absolutely buried in other issues.  SCG was giving us a run for our money, but now he's banned so he can't ask us if he needs to trim his babies nails or if a pink paccy will scar his son for life

I will be upgrading the phorum soon, and I think there might be a way to form "groups" that are invite only. So, for example, if someone wanted to form an adult health group, it would be a discussion group for those who join.

I'm thinking this might be a great solution instead of making a password protected board, or another board that requires a completely new permission set.

Anastasia13

I will be upgrading the phorum soon, and I think there might be a way to form "groups" that are invite only. So, for example, if someone wanted to form an adult health group, it would be a discussion group for those who join.

I'm thinking this might be a great solution instead of making a password protected board, or another board that requires a completely new permission set.

Groups like user groups? We have to give up our CM status to ask about charting?

blazeingstar

That'd be wonderful.  A Catholic Heath group and a  engagement and marriage group would be a huge blessing to those of us who have little IRL support

cool story, I like it.

Anastasia13

Reproductive issues and active rashes. Sounds like a volatile mix.

Volatile mix? Don't worry. No one added the water yet.

Edited by Light and Truth