An Old School Catholic Message Board

Keeping Points....

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Well I'm glad I found this!! I have 2 points I guess...But those pierogies sound good....mmmmmmm food....okay well i hope this can help me:-D

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Good job, karissa!

I need prayer! I've fallen back on the pity party part of losing weight!

Don't get me wrong! I mean, I really do want to lose weight, but I just feel so discouraged right now! :sadder:

Mrs. Bro. Adam

I used to have this really good figure, but since I got married, I got stressed and starting eating for comfort. The goal looks out of sight, but I desperately want to be able to fit into my favorite clothes.

I'm discouraged, because it seems like I'll do really good one week, do the same the next, and then be back at square one, and not have lost a pound :sadder:

Trust me, I know how you feel. When I was in high school I lost a ton of weight (by not eating) and then I graduated and got really sick and couldn't get out of bed or anything for like 2 months and I just started gaining weight. I'm to the point now where I can't look in the mirror anymore because I can't stand what I see. It's hard for me because the only way I've lost is by stopping eating and I'm trying to work on being healthier rather than just not eating... But one day I'll do so good and have eaten what I'm supposed to and all that stuff then the next day I don't know what happens, I think I get discouraged because I wish weight would just fall off but even when I go for weeks eating healthy sometimes it doesn't seem to do any good which doesn't help keep me motivated at all. I also work at a gym thinking it'd help me work out since I get my membership for free, but seriously what was I thinking? Nobody wants to go to work when they don't have to!! I'm hoping to start running again soon because I love running but I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago...Just seems like things work against me a lot I guess... <_< I'll keep you motivated tho!! :D As best I can at least!!!

I'm here for you too. I cheated and had ice cream last night. I weighed myself this morning and I lost a point. BAH!

But it was hot and I wanted the ice cream. :lol:

It's okay!! Just keep trying, try and focus on eating healthy today and before you eat anything bad for you ask yourself if you really need it or want it, or if you are just eating it because it's there!!!! You can do it!!!! :D :D

Ash Wednesday

I lost about a point. Total of about 8 points. :)

You know, now I just don't look at it as a diet. Because if I say, "I'm on a diet" then I will fail because saying "I'm on a diet" makes someone feel deprived.

Now I'm just eating a vegetable based diet, i.e. lots and lots of vegetables and not overdoing it with the other stuff. And exercising, too.

I just ate too much junk before, I guess. I hope this keeps up!