An Old School Catholic Message Board

Best, Complete, Factual Account Of What's Happening In Ferguson

veritasluxmea

The news released the name of the store that Michael Brown robber. It got looted. 

One of the local television stations showed officer Wilson's house on the news today.I

they train them to double tap. on the theory that if you're going to shoot a guy whose coming at you, you better be darn sure you stop him.

PhuturePriest

they train them to double tap. on the theory that if you're going to shoot a guy whose coming at you, you better be darn sure you stop him.

The police actually taught this when my dad went to a training course to get a concealed carry permit. And again, it's natural to shoot more times than needed. If you've been trained to only shoot once, you'll likely shoot two, three, or even more times. So if you've been trained to double tap, simply multiply that, and you easily get 7+ bullets.

Keep in mind that when your life is in danger (and I'm not arguing that his was or wasn't), you lose all thought process and simply react. Your body and reflexes take over, and your body's number one concern is preserving itself. If he truly was in danger, then it isn't a far-fetched thing to say all of the adrenaline made him want to make sure the threat was killed. It's the same reason why people who are attacked by dangerous animals but succeed in defending themselves often keep stabbing/shooting even after the animal is clearly dead, just to "make sure". When your life is in mortal peril, you take no chances.

Another possible explanation is that Mike was hopped up on some sort of drug like meth, but I haven't heard if they tested his blood for drugs or not.

I guess it takes a fetus to educate a village. 

(That's a compliment, by the way). 

As they say, cops want to go home at the end of their shift, too. 

However, at point, I say wait for the facts. 

It would be good to know if there was a toxicology test to check for meth or another drug.  However, after listening to a report today, it appears that the people of Ferguson are in no mood to listen to facts, as one was denouncing the tape of the strong-arm robbery as an attempt to smear Brown (or words to that effect).

guilty until proven innocent! Strong arm robbery deserves capital punishment!

If white America refuses to acknowledge or listen to why there is such hostility between the police and Black men, this **** will keep happening over and over and over and overrrrr. Every time a black man dies at the hand of a police you see people coming out of the woodwork with the implicit assumption of "he must have some something to deserve it." And oftentimes the refusal to bow down and roll over to the thuggish tactics of police is cited as a reason to you know, get choked out and killed (http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/01/justice/new-york-choke-hold-death/) or getting shot to death while holding a bb gun (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/08/cops-gun-down-ohio-man-holding-toy-rifle-in-walmart-like-he-was-not-even-human/).

But yeah, those black people man they just like looting and stealing and being thugs so it's really all their fault when you think about it.

If white America refuses to acknowledge or listen to why there is such hostility between the police and Black men, this **** will keep happening over and over and over and overrrrr. Every time a black man dies at the hand of a police you see people coming out of the woodwork with the implicit assumption of "he must have some something to deserve it." And oftentimes the refusal to bow down and roll over to the thuggish tactics of police is cited as a reason to you know, get choked out and killed (http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/01/justice/new-york-choke-hold-death/) or getting shot to death while holding a bb gun (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/08/cops-gun-down-ohio-man-holding-toy-rifle-in-walmart-like-he-was-not-even-human/).

But yeah, those black people man they just like looting and stealing and being thugs so it's really all their fault when you think about it.

And just what does destroying one's own community accomplish?

ToJesusMyHeart

this. so much this.

lolz. 

Go ask them in Ferguson whether they have a problem with "guilty until proven innocent."

Something tells me they are pretty sure the cop who shot Michael Brown is guilty of murder.

PhuturePriest

I'm not sure if this is directed towards anything I said or not, but I never claimed he was innocent or guilty, just that regardless, it's understandable according to biology and human nature that he would shoot more times than necessary. Whether he was the instigator of the aggression or not, his life at one point was still in danger, and his body took over. That was the point I was making.

As to whether or not he's guilty, I actually lean on the side of yes, but again, innocent until proven guilty. Many people thought the British soldiers who accidentally killed people were guilty, but it turned out they were innocent and the crowd was at fault.

Regardless of he said she said and who is ultimately guilty and responsible for this, we should be praying for everyone in this situation. Also, we shouldn't forget that thousands of Christians are still being massacred, and over 1500 Christian women and children have now been forced into sex slavery by Islamic militants.

Edited by Fickle Yapping Fetus

PhuturePriest

keep-calm-and-get-back-to-the-kitchen-1.

And just what does destroying one's own community accomplish?

I don't know. It's a reaction to chronic injustice maybe? Also there were reports that the looters and such were out-of-towners taking advantage of the situation. I have no idea as to whether this is true or not but it is a possibility to keep in mind. Also keep in mind black members from the community helped clean up after the mess.

A better question, what does a military-style crackdown against peaceful force accomplish? Other than to reinforce WHO holds the power and WHO doesn't?

lolz. 

Go ask them in Ferguson whether they have a problem with "guilty until proven innocent."

Something tells me they are pretty sure the cop who shot Michael Brown is guilty of murder.

yes it really is quite funny. Glad your having a laugh at it.

yes it really is quite funny. Glad your having a laugh at it.

idk I find irony funny.

folks who have convicted a cop without trial, full of righteous indignation about young black men getting convicted without trial.

seems a bit rich to me. not to you?

Edited by Lilllabettt

• Winchester locked this topic