An Old School Catholic Message Board

We Are Open!

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/how-rafael-nadals-absence-from-the-u-s-open-helps-roger-federer/ This is amesome.

(Yeah, I know doesn't start for 6 days, but I wanted to share the article so I decided to post this early.)

P.S. FP, (aka The Phetus) if you must come and make snide comments about Tennis, at least make your comments witty. :hehe2:

The Bus Station

AD, I'm glad that someone around here appreciates the objectively greatest sport in existence. Props. :)

I am a Djokovic fanboy for life, but after his unexpected victory at Wimbledon, I consider the rest of his season gravy ... so I'd be OK with Roger winning in NY.

Also, do not dignify Phetal opinions on tennis.

Novak-Djokovic-and-Roger--011.jpg

ChristinaTherese

Why do I always have to be on the other side of the world? Now that I'm in Spain, the US open happens. When I was in the US, it was England and Australia. What is wrong with this picture? Is it at least on the east coast? (Although I must admit that this is a more favorable tame change than with Australia.)

Yeah, US Open is in New York. I wanted to out the wild card tournament a couple years ago, when I was playing a lot more tennis than I do now. Doubt that'll ever happen, considering I haven't picked up my racquet in 3-4 years. Hmph. 

Ancilla Domini

And so it begins! :bananarap:

Murray's passed into the second round (unfortunately :hehe2:),

so has Tsonga (I knew he would! He's pretty brilliant. XD)

Wawrinka's won 2 sets and is working on the third,

and Djokovic is set to play tonight at about 8:30.

That's the extent of the day's news from sports announcer Ancilla Domini. :P

Every time a French player wins, I cheer. Another note, Andy Murray is one of my least favorite tennis players ever. He always looks constipated. Imagine having to stare at the Phetus all day, and you can imagine the expression on Andy Murray's face as he plays tennis. 

Also, Phetus, need I even reply to that? 

The Bus Station

Murray could suck the joy out of a room full of laughing gas ... too bad his attitude is so sour because he's a great player

Ancilla Domini

Murray could smell of elderberries the joy out of a room full of laughing gas ... too bad his attitude is so sour because he's a great player

"What are you saying about my attitude?! I never get angry! NEVER!"

murray.jpg?width=620

:hehe2:

All yall Murray haters

(also Ancilla Domini I love your profile picture.  I'm actually a total Audrey Hepburn fanboy)