An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Gabriel Marie, Novice

DameAgnes

I don't think it is shallow to like certain habits more than others - only normal to my way of thought.  Shallow might enter in if one is discerning and a habit that one likes is to be a defining factor in one's choice.

PS I thought the habits were particularly lovely too DameAgnes! :) ...........and congratulations to Sister Gabriel Marie.  A real physical transformation to appearance takes place when a postulant is clothed in the habit ........... and a lovely and appropriate transformation as the new novice starts out on a completely new stage of her religious life journey.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Did you see the photo of the man holding that cute baby? I taught him how to read in 1st grade! He's now a lawyer! :hehe2: He was handful back then!

puellapaschalis

Did you see the photo of the man holding that cute baby? I taught him how to read in 1st grade! He's now a lawyer! :hehe2: He was handful back then!

I wondered if you'd recognise anyone in those photos, Sister :)

Meany prayers for sister Gabriel i her Vocation journey.I have never seen this kind of habit and and sisters with this white collars.In my country nothing similar exist.Is this have some meaning?

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I wondered if you'd recognise anyone in those photos, Sister :)

Sure do! Pretty much know everyone! The sisters stay with us several times a year if they are going to a conference or something.

The habit is modeled on the old Maryknoll habit. (Not the veil!) They used to have a sash instead of a belt but that got to be inconvenient.

Oh, My! I didn't know she was a novice yet!

(I've met the lady before...)

Yes, the  habits are nice, aren't they?

God bless you all,

Lady-Indis

WOW I know this novice. Her family attends the local FSSP parish and she sang in the choir and schola. Beautiful voice and really great family. She is really funny and friendly and I'm so happy for her.
BTW I just joined so hello everybody and thank you all for your posts (which I have lurked through for a while now lol).

Edited to add that these habits remind me of St. Faustina.

Edited by Filumena