An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vs Has Been Quiet Recently

marigold

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I'll bring a bottle of "Blue Nun" wine! 0;)

That tastes great! Makes a great bottle for holy water afterward! :bounce:

If I really did have the opportunity to throw a nun party, I think I would have a late afternoon barbecue in my garden, and then everyone would go together to Vespers or a vigil. Then we'd come back to mine, pray Compline, get into pyjamas and watch films about women's monasteries or female monastic saints. With popcorn (jelly shots optional). The next morning we'd all go to Divine Liturgy and then finish off in a nice coffee shop, chatting about our favourite spiritual books.

Basically a massive nunly sleepover. It's pretty much my idea of earthly bliss.

Just go to Christendom... the story of my life.   :nun3:  :hehe:

You up to hosting an international slumber party? ;)

Why not? <g> Got plenty of room, now the kids are grown up, and there's a 2 X 3 meter Intex pool in the backyard, and a barbeque, and the weather's great!  [Think "southern California" at this time of year].  No shortage of places to visit in the vicinity...I'm about equidistant from the Old City and Bethlehem.

I keep a kosher house, so there wouldn't be any "shrimp on the barbie" but otherwise, Israel has everything [it actually has shrimp, too, for those who don't keep kosher]

Ah, it sounds amazing, Antigonos! I could really use a swim and a barbecue right now. Summer in London this year has been rubbish - baking hot and pouring with rain.

I can live without the barbie shrimp but can we have spicy chicken and flame grilled veggies? :)

brandelynmarie

It sure does! Antigonos, you are kind & generous. :) (& brave!) Maybe some day one or more of us VS'ers will come & visit you...with sufficient warning :hehe:

It sure does! Antigonos, you are kind & generous. :) (& brave!) Maybe some day one or more of us VS'ers will come & visit you...with sufficient warning :hehe:

I would love to meet you all (but preferably not all together <g>). sometimes, when there is a bucket list of what one wants to do before entering religious life, I think a trip to Israel ought ot be high on the list. It is a perfectly fascinating country, from both a religious, and a historical point of view, and you'd have memories for a lifetime. Edited by Antigonos