An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pcpa's Of Olam

Feankie

I like the older website..with the drawings and explanation of a novice etc.It would be nice to see a photo of all the nuns together..like when they are singing..(which they obviously have stopped showing them on Sunday's Benediction) Which to me is sad..

Edited by nikita92

graciandelamadrededios

Thanks for letting us know of the Nuns updated website!

Photos of Mother Angelica, PCPA before Vatican II

b6b99db850b0722e9993fe6739f7eb89.jpg

6ddf9762da939f265f0f5d3548b35350.jpg

756494f988c6bb6bc9757348395629dc.jpg

Before Vatican II, PCPA was collectively called as Franciscan Nuns of Perpetual Adoration.

They changed the official name to `Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration since their former name sounded as if they are active congregation of Religious Sisters.

Per Franciscan Elenca, PCPA's in OLAM are Urbanist.  They follow the Rule of St. Clare approved by Pope Urban.

Edited by graciandelamadrededios

Yes, I too miss the Sunday telecast of Benediction and Devotions! What's up with that? BTW, when you go to the photos, they only feature 2-3 of the Nuns and their only Postulant. What's up with that, too!

graciandelamadrededios

I believe that photo is from "ages past." Their number remains modest, even with 2 "transplants" from OLAM.

Thats why the term I used is Franciscan Nuns of Perpetual Adoration.

They need help from other PCPA monasteries to revive the Motherhouse in Troyes, hence they have "transplants".  This is now common in cloistered monasteries in Europe who are in danger of closing due to lack of vocations.

graciandelamadrededios

I made a mistake, before Vatican II, PCPA's were called "Franciscan Nuns of the Most Blessed Sacrament."

Yes, I too miss the Sunday telecast of Benediction and Devotions! What's up with that? BTW, when you go to the photos, they only feature 2-3 of the Nuns and their only Postulant. What's up with that, too!

Yes, I noticed that, too, and the nuns most seen in the photos entered relatively recently -- I remember them as postulants.

"The nuns have made it known, that they do not wish to be shown anymore in the B&D telecast."

Well, that begs the question.......did people watch B and D JUST to see the nuns? Or did they tune in as Benediction is not available where they live or they have trouble getting to church? IMHO the staff at EWTN could still televise B and D without panning to the nuns choir. But, who am I in the grand scheme of things! :)

I heard recently that they are down to only 9 nuns, there. I wonder if they might not do well to bring some of their sisters from Texas back, and perhaps absorb the PCPA's in Charlotte who are having trouble re-establishing themselves from Ohio. Make the main house strong and the foundations might do better...

There are only 4 of them in Charlotte and they are knee-deep in fundraising for a new monastery. You can see their plans at www.stjosephmonastery.com

I think the Texas nun are down from 4 from 5 if you check out their website. The nuns in Arizona lost 2 of the original nuns from Hanceville, but they gained one junior professed and one postulant.

I watched it once, and they didn't pan over to the nuns choir one time! I personally enjoyed seeing them sing!! I can't answer for other people's reason of why they watch B&D . They probably got more publicity and inquiries about certain sisters etc than they wanted!
I do agree with you on shoring up the motherhouse! They have only had one postulant...in some time!!