An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pcpa's Of Olam

Feankie

I watched it once, and they didn't pan over to the nuns choir one time! I personally enjoyed seeing them sing!! I can't answer for other people's reason of why they watch B&D . They probably got more publicity and inquiries about certain sisters etc than they wanted!
I do agree with you on shoring up the motherhouse! They have only had one postulant...in some time!!

I believe it's not a motherhouse though - it's the founding monastery - they're autonomous I thought?

Marie Villalovos Smith

I just received the newsletter from the PCPa's at Charlotte. There are 6 nuns' currently there. The last time I talked to OLAM about a month ago..they had 18 nuns.

Pax

Institute for Religious Life (IRL) has 13 finally professed nuns for OLAM - so I guessing then the others would all be in formation (which is about the number I would have guessed).

The PCPA's must have either gotten transfers or admitted new postulants. When I was there a year or so ago for a solemn profession there were only 4 - - 3 solemn professed and 1 junior professed. Good for them

Edited by Francis Clare

• 2 weeks later...
petitpèlerin

I just finished reading the biography of Mother Angelica by Raymond Arroyo. Wow. What an incredible woman. I love how he depicts her humanity, doesn't hide her imperfections, doesn't canonize her, just tells her story. I'm so grateful for what she did (or what the Holy Spirit did through her) for the Church in the United States. I don't want to know where we would be without her. Amazing how God used a Poor Clare to build a global radio and television network, and re-evangelize the Church in a country that was nearly off the rails of orthodoxy and living faith.

• 3 weeks later...
graciandelamadrededios

I just finished reading the biography of Mother Angelica by Raymond Arroyo. Wow. What an incredible woman. I love how he depicts her humanity, doesn't hide her imperfections, doesn't canonize her, just tells her story. I'm so grateful for what she did (or what the Holy Spirit did through her) for the Church in the United States. I don't want to know where we would be without her. Amazing how God used a Poor Clare to build a global radio and television network, and re-evangelize the Church in a country that was nearly off the rails of orthodoxy and living faith.

A very generous fellow from the USA gave me a copy but I have not finished reading them.

I agree, Mother Angelica is an incredible woman of faith.  She did not allow her disability limit her.

graciandelamadrededios

I believe it's not a motherhouse though - it's the founding monastery - they're autonomous I thought?

I think the correct term is Proto-Monastery.  

The Poor Clare Monastery in Assissi is called Proto-Monastery. 

You can find his books on Mother at has various thrift and second hand stores and half price book store(s) as times. Just keep checking back. I have seen all those books off and on over the last few years.