An Old School Catholic Message Board

Schoenstatt In Wisconsin

Feankie

Wonderful! Iv seen this a few months ago.
If they are secular and dont take vows..I wonder if women from all ages (over t0ish) would be welcomed to join the sisters?

Wonder how they came up with that number :/
I like their habits.. Just not fond of the round pill box style "Hat"!

Edited by nikita92

I don't know. But in reading their vocation website, their formation is quite different as is the way they live out their vows, er not vows, contract.

Sponsa-Christi

I'm thinking that maybe the odd number for an age cut-off has more to do with what age one will be at the time of one's final profession, rather than concerns about a specific age for entering? Also, I recall reading that these sisters put a very strong emphasis on bonding with one's classmates in formation, so maybe they want to make sure that everyone is in the same age range to facilitate this?

I don't know. But in reading their vocation website, their formation is quite different as is the way they live out their vows, er not vows, contract. 

Believe it or not, the Schoenstatt sisters are technically a secular institute. So they would be professing the evangelical counsels in some form which is different from religious vows per se.