An Old School Catholic Message Board

Call Of The Void---a Film Project Worth Supporting On Kickstarter

Seven77

I'm not sure if a lot of people are aware of this independent film in the works called, Call of the Void. Patrick Coffin from Catholic Answers is a friend of the director, Dustin Kahia, and is helping to promote the film. From what I've seen, this guy's got real potential. His past work looks really legit. As Catholics we need to support good art like this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/735578036/call-of-the-void?ref=nav_search

They're only 8 more days to support this project and it looks like they need all the help they can get!

They still need $3,000 more dollars. Donate now. Get a mortage on your house if you have to.

If I donate and the film makes it big, can I count on the company helping me pay off my graduate loans?

If I donate and the film makes it big, can I count on the company helping me pay off my graduate loans?

You took out loans for grad school? 

:ohno:

I sure hope you're studying engineering.

LouisvilleFan

Thanks for sharing. I love film noir, and chipped in a few bucks. I disagree with their premise that Hollywood is consumed with churning out the same concepts over and over. That's true of corporate Hollywood, but only because they need predictable profits to maintain their infrastructure. Plenty of good films are being made, but you have to look for them someplace other than a Friday night at the movies.

Edited by LouisvilleFan