An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well-known People In Catholic Circles Whom You Have Met

Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

I've met, so far as I can remember: (Most of the well-known people in my list are well-known more in Trad circles than in Catholic circles in general.)

Dr. John Rao
Michael Matt (Editor of The Remnant magazine)
Christopher Ferrara, esq.
Michael Davies
Alice von Hildebrand
Dr. David White
Michael Voris
Tom Woods

Monseigneur Wach

James Bogle, head of Una Voce International

(I've also met Bishop Williamson.)

I'm sure that I'll think of more later, but that's as many as I can remember at the moment.

Edited by Ancilla Domini

I've met, so far as I can remember: (Most of the well-known people in my list are well-known more in Trad circles than in Catholic circles in general.)

Dr. John Rao
Michael Matt (Editor of The Remnant magazine)
Christopher Ferrara, esq.
Michael Davies
Alice von Hildebrand
Dr. David White
Michael Voris
Tom Woods

Monseigneur Wach

(I've also met Bishop Williamson.)

I'm sure that I'll think of more later, but that's as many as I can remember at the moment.

Wow, I would love to pick your brain. Really interested in what Ferrara, von Hildebrand, Woods, and Bp. Williamson were like in person.

Ancilla Domini

Wow, I would love to pick your brain. Really interested in what Ferrara, von Hildebrand, Woods, and Bp. Williamson were like in person.

I'm afraid I can't really tell you what Mrs. von Hildebrand and Tom Woods were like in person since I met the former when I was quite young and the latter only briefly (although I have to say that he didn't strike me as a very personable fellow.) However I can tell you that Mr. Ferrara is one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. Despite being absolutely brilliant, which I am sure that you know, he's extremely amusing and very fun to be with. (He's also great at tennis and is an amazing teacher (personal experience here. ;))
When I last met Bp. Williamson, I was very little, so I can only give you a little kid's view of him. He was very sweet to me. I don't remember him very well, but one distinct memory I have of him is his being shocked that I had never tasted Brie-cheese and pressing me to try some, resulting it in being my very favorite cheese from then on. :P (Doesn't tell you much about him, though. I was only five at the time. ;))

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Matt Fradd

Steve Ray

Tim Staples

Patrick Coffin

Matthew Leonard

Fr. Andrew Apostoli

Dr. Michael Barber

Fr. Antoine Thomas

I know I've met more, but I can't think of any right now.

I'm not entirely comfortable with this, I understand this is just for fun, but to me it seems like "Look at me and all the famous people I know!"

meh. 

Ancilla Domini

I'm not entirely comfortable with this, I understand this is just for fun, but to me it seems like "Look at me and all the famous people I know!"

meh. 

Perhaps I ought to have put this in the lame board. ;) I wasn't thinking of it like that, although perhaps that's how it may seem. If I meet the pope, or someone famous, though, I'd like to tell people about it - not because I think I'm all that special because of it, but because it's an exciting thing to have happen. But I suppose it may be taken differently. My apologies. :unsure:

In Corde Matris,

– Cilla

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Perhaps I ought to have put this in the lame board. ;) I wasn't thinking of it like that, although perhaps that's how it may seem. If I meet the pope, or someone famous, though, I'd like to tell people about it - not because I think I'm all that special because of it, but because it's an exciting thing to have happen. But I suppose it may be taken differently. My apologies. :unsure:

In Corde Matris,

– Cilla

I didn't mean to shut you down. I suppose I'm probably projecting a bit, because that would be my mentality towards this. I think its cool, no need to apologize. 

I didn't mean to shut you down. I suppose I'm probably projecting a bit, because that would be my mentality towards this. I think its cool, no need to apologize. 

Didn't you score like a 20 on the Narcissist test? :P

I'm afraid I can't really tell you what Mrs. von Hildebrand and Tom Woods were like in person since I met the former when I was quite young and the latter only briefly (although I have to say that he didn't strike me as a very personable fellow.) However I can tell you that Mr. Ferrara is one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life. Despite being absolutely brilliant, which I am sure that you know, he's extremely amusing and very fun to be with. (He's also great at tennis and is an amazing teacher (personal experience here. ;))
When I last met Bp. Williamson, I was very little, so I can only give you a little kid's view of him. He was very sweet to me. I don't remember him very well, but one distinct memory I have of him is his being shocked that I had never tasted Brie-cheese and pressing me to try some, resulting it in being my very favorite cheese from then on. :P (Doesn't tell you much about him, though. I was only five at the time. ;))

Why haven't you mentioned that you met Michael Voris?

Ancilla Domini

Why haven't you mentioned that you met Michael Voris?

I believe I did, in the original post.

He sings an awesome "So Long, Farewell." :P (Also is very generous when it comes to paying for people's ice-cream. :hehe2:)