An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am Soon Departing From This State

PhuturePriest

I refuse to fly anymore. Not just because of privacy issues (which are numerous), but also because I'm claustrophobic and sticking me in a tin can is a bad idea. i also don't like people in general and I get anxious too easily. 

but good luck, I'm sure your flight will be fine. 

Thy Geekdom Come

I am going to the airport at 3:30 in the morning, and shall be departing from this wretched State for the cold and rugged rains of Indiana for 8 days.

This is my first time flying in a plane, and I have a layover flight in Chicago O'Hare, which is the second busiest airport in North America. Keep in mind I am doing all of these flights alone with no one to guide me but the moody TSA agents.

Yay adulthood.

Why do TSA agents get bashed so much? I recently had a flight out of Palm Springs and had a very cheery TSA agent. He checked my ID, looked at his monitor, smiled, and said, "Well, it doesn't tell me to tackle you, so I guess you can go!"

Of course, it was the beginning of his shift ... in paradise ...

Edited by Raphael

PhuturePriest

Why do TSA agents get bashed so much? I recently had a flight out of Palm Springs and had a very cheery TSA agent. He checked my ID, looked at his monitor, smiled, and said, "Well, it doesn't tell me to tackle you, so I guess you can go!"

Of course, it was the beginning of his shift ... in paradise ...

This will be at 3:30. I doubt the agents will be very cheery.

Not The Philosopher

Aside from the stress of having no clue what I'm doing, flying sounds like it will be fun to me. I reserved window seats for myself, so it should be quite the ride.

Takeoff is a bit dramatic, but once you're above the clouds there isn't much to see.

Except that one time....

wwe-raw-20110510035948591.gif

puellapaschalis

You get to the airport and check-in (or just drop off your luggage if you checked-in online at home), go through passport control and security (though I suppose you won't be passported if it's a domestic flight), have something to eat, then go to the gate and wait for boarding.

Then you get on, find your seat, ask the person who mistakenly sat in your seat to push off, sit down, fasten your seatbelt, and let the pilots and physics do what they do! Easy!

PhuturePriest

You get to the airport and check-in (or just drop off your luggage if you checked-in online at home), go through passport control and security (though I suppose you won't be passported if it's a domestic flight), have something to eat, then go to the gate and wait for boarding.

Then you get on, find your seat, ask the person who mistakenly sat in your seat to push off, sit down, fasten your seatbelt, and let the pilots and physics do what they do! Easy!

You forgot printing off my boarding pass at the kiosk.

PhuturePriest

So my family are now freaking out that when I get to O'Hare I'll contract Ebola and die. I've been trying to explain Ebola is kind of hard to contract and that there won't be an outbreak here because we have proper medical infrastructure whereas western Africa doesn't, but Fox News says this is the next plague and will wipe out 2/3 of the population, so it must be true.

Ancilla Domini

You've never been on a plane before?! You will have an awesome time!! (Unless you get motion sickness. :P) The clouds are like castles in the air. :)) I've been on planes oogobbies of times but I've never gotten over how beautiful the clouds are.

veritasluxmea

I was just in Dallas and I'm fine. Another thing with Ebloa is people know they shouldn't touch victims, but do anyway because they're family. They're rather risk it than let their kid or mother suffer alone. That's hard to combat. 

lmao when I first read this I though you were leaving the sate of being alive and I was like more fp drama... 

PhuturePriest

Whatcha doing in my part of the woods?

That is private information which shall be disclosed in an immediate private message.

I was just in Dallas and I'm fine. Another thing with Ebloa is people know they shouldn't touch victims, but do anyway because they're family. They're rather risk it than let their kid or mother suffer alone. That's hard to combat. 

lmao when I first read this I though you were leaving the sate of being alive and I was like more fp drama... 

That's precisely why I wrote the title the way I did. :P If I can't laugh at myself, all I have left to laugh at is Winchester's height and Scientologists.

PhuturePriest

And I'm off. See you all later -- maybe, I don't know. 50/50, can't guarantee anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imH7zo-aAuU