An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are We?

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

I figured if anyone would know, it'd be VS...

Where are we in the daily office? (I have the four book set.)

Here in Australia and I would hope everywhere, one can buy a small book called an "Ordo" which gives the dates of the days of the year and where we are liturgically.  The cost is usually around AU$10  The Ordos I buy usually give the Psalter Week on the Sunday for the rest of the week.  Sometimes this doesn't happen if there is some special feast with its own Hours.  Usually, the day after, the Psalter Week for the coming week does appear.

There is a free pdf download here of an Ordo from USSCB http://www.usccb.org/about/divine-worship/liturgical-calendar/upload/2014cal.pdf

franciscanheart

Here in Australia and I would hope everywhere, one can buy a small book called an "Ordo" which gives the dates of the days of the year and where we are liturgically.  The cost is usually around AU$10  The Ordos I buy usually give the Psalter Week on the Sunday for the rest of the week.  Sometimes this doesn't happen if there is some special feast with its own Hours.  Usually, the day after, the Psalter Week for the coming week does appear.

There is a free pdf download here of an Ordo from USSCB http://www.usccb.org/about/divine-worship/liturgical-calendar/upload/2014cal.pdf

That's tremendously helpful! Thank you. :)

freedomreigns

Hi!  I also like www.divineoffice.org   (Both to find my place and also because there is an audio option that works really well if I need to get ready for the day but want to pray along.)  Or I can just use the ribbon placement part to just set my own ribbons.  Would that I would keep up and not have to check back so often to find out where I'm supposed to be!

They have to most updated prayers for the office, like the ones for new saints, that the breviary wouldn't have yet unless you had the most up to date supplement.  

Edited by freedomreigns

I just have an app on my phone that syncs with the magical realm every time you open it, thus miraculously bringing up all the day's prayers and readings.

Edited by curiousing

LouisvilleFan

The RC Calendar or Laudate apps are helpful for a quick check. They also include the prayers, if one should be in a situation without book in tow.

• 5 months later...