An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Personality Test For Y'all

veritasluxmea

veritasluxmea

Because I'm bored. Usually I think these things foster subtle pride but whateves. 

https://memorado.com/pti_test

Supposedly it's "super accurate". I literally took it a few times, switching a few answers, and I always got the same result. It's closely based off the myers-brigg test but not exactly. 

FAMOUS INFJs:

Plato, Mahtma Gandhi, Simone de Beauvoir, Cate Blanchett, Al Pacino, Adrien Brody, David Schwimmer, Sufjan Stevens, George Harrison, Michel Pfeiffer, Carey Mulligan

PERCENTAGE OF INFJs AMONG POPULATION
1.5%

INFJ - DESCRIPTION

INFJs are kind, mindful, complex and highly intuitive people. This is the most rare personality type of all, only 1 percent of the population has it.

They like to organize their outer world in categories and priorities they never stop redefining. However, they have a great intuition and deal with their inner life very spontaneously. They perceive and understand things very intuitively and are very rarely wrong about their intuitions. This dichotomy between their inner and outer life may result in INFJs being less organized than other Judging types.

Because of their great instincts, INFJs understand people and situations very easily. They often feel when something has happened to some of their friends of family members even if they cannot really explain to themselves how they perceived it. Those strong intuitive capabilities may lead them sometimes to stubbornness and ignoring other people's opinions since they trust their instincts above everything else. This attitude should not be perceived as arrogance as INFJs are perfectionists and think they should always improve themselves and the world around.

INFJs set up a strong value system for themselves and always care about living in accordance with their values and ideals. They are warm and easy going as long as they do not have to compromise their values.

Warm and caring, they hate conflicts and will avoid hurting people. They will generally internalize their anger which can be a source of stress and health problems for them.

In the work place, most INFJs show up in creative and independent positions. They are good at art and sciences where they can use their intuition at best. They are generally bad at dealing with details and prefer working on the big picture.

INFJs are natural nurturers, protective and devoted. They make loving parents and build strong bonds with their children.

I kind of disagree with this- I'm very picky about details in the physical world as I think the success of the "big picture" is highly reliant on them. However, when dealing with people (such as leading a classroom) I focus on the overall big-picture (what I'm teaching, where the lesson needs to go, what are the needs of the kids and how I should meet them in general) with a loose structure and tend to go with the mood and flow of the class in the present moment, as needed. So I have a basic structure, know what I want, and wing the rest of it. 

I want to see what the other options are for this test, so please post them along with the picture at the end. Mine was Captain America.  

The Memorado test is far too simplistic to be an accurate Meyers-Briggs type indicator! It can be fun to take those quizzes, though. For what it's worth, it did get mine wrong, but only by one letter. :)

I got INFJ the first time I took it and INTP the second time, so something is off.  I normally score as ISFJ on Myers-Briggs which describes me to a "T."

Spem in alium

I got INFJ, which is pretty much what I get every time I do one of these tests (also have been INFP). The description of the INFJ fits me fairly closely; however, I am not at all a perfectionist!  :hehe2:

IgnatiusofLoyola

This test labeled me in ENFP, which is close to what some Myers-Briggs tests have labeled me in the past. The only difference is that in the last 10 years or so, I have become more introverted, so sometimes the test labels me an INFP. This is a consistent issue I have had with the many Myers-Briggs indicator tests I have taken over the years, including the actual Myers-Briggs test, administered by professionals. On the actual Myers-Briggs test, I came out almost exactly 50/50 between introverted and extraverted, and I would say that is accurate for me. As a result, neither ENFP nor INFP describes me well.

I have taken other psychological tests over the years, administered by professionals, and I have found that, for me, other tests work better than Myers-Briggs. (Don't ask me which ones--I just tried to think of them, and I am having a "brain-f***" right now and can't think of the names.)

However, that doesn't mean that Myers-Briggs isn't a useful test for many (most?) other people.

I wasn't impressed by this particular Myers-Briggs indicator test. When I took the test, there were a lot of instances where I found that none of the four options accurately described my feelings/thoughts.

However, these kinds of online tests can be fun and interesting conversation starters, as long as no one takes the results as "gospel."

Took it... it managed to class me an ENFJ, which is just not right.  By two letters.   Have taken the classes needed to administer and score the actual MBTI, and I agree with what the others have said.... too few questions, and some pretty obvious biases.  Anyone who is around me much at all knows I'm an INFP... BIG TIME.  Sometimes can appear an "E" but I majorly need 'recharging' time or I turn into a snarling badger.... or a spitting llama.  And I never met a deadline I couldn't miss... nor a procedure I didn't try to do a run around for... which do NOT equate to a "J" in the least.... 

But yeah, fun to take these sometimes....

IgnatiusofLoyola

This test labeled me in ENFP, which is close to what some Myers-Briggs tests have labeled me in the past. The only difference is that in the last 10 years or so, I have become more introverted, so sometimes the test labels me an INFP. This is a consistent issue I have had with the many Myers-Briggs indicator tests I have taken over the years, including the actual Myers-Briggs test, administered by professionals. On the actual Myers-Briggs test, I came out almost exactly 50/50 between introverted and extraverted, and I would say that is accurate for me. As a result, neither ENFP nor INFP describes me well.

I have taken other psychological tests over the years, administered by professionals, and I have found that, for me, other tests work better than Myers-Briggs. (Don't ask me which ones--I just tried to think of them, and I am having a "brain-f***" right now and can't think of the names.)

However, that doesn't mean that Myers-Briggs isn't a useful test for many (most?) other people.

I wasn't impressed by this particular Myers-Briggs indicator test. When I took the test, there were a lot of instances where I found that none of the four options accurately described my feelings/thoughts.

However, these kinds of online tests can be fun and interesting conversation starters, as long as no one takes the results as "gospel."