An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bishop Schneider: "obvious Manipulation" At Synod

Nihil Obstat

Oh look someone who believes Aragon's sentiments do not indicate a crisis of faith.  I wonder if such a person also holds anti-Catholic sentiments?  Yep, seems so. 

I must be a self hating Catholic then  :lies:  I love a good paradox though.

KnightofChrist

Well, maybe it is funny to you. Should I be shocked, probably not. :doh: But I doubt it's funny to those concerned.

When a person says somethings funny they don't always mean it's funny haha or hoho. For example if someone says something smells funny it doesn't mean they smell laughter, it means something stinks. I believe Credo implied your position smells funny.

How is my assessment wrong ? I didn't say I didn't agree with the teachings ? Confused with your statement.

Edited by Guest

When a person says somethings funny they don't always mean it's funny haha or hoho. For example if someone says something smells funny it doesn't mean they smell laughter, it means something stinks. I believe Credo implied your position smells funny.

Yeah, I know.  But it's neither amusing or stinky, and it isn't to those affected. I expect some to think it is though. If not this thread wouldn't be happening.

Edited by Benedictus

PhuturePriest

Yeah, I know.  But it's neither amusing or stinky, and it isn't to those affected. I expect some to think it is though. If not this thread wouldn't be happening.

There is certainly something very smelly about you, Benedictus. Quite recently, you wrote the following:

I'm not sure you'll ever get the affirmation you may seek from the church at this point in space and time. But you will find voices and many examples of people who are living out a Christian faith as best they can, even though their response to those challenges is different. There have been cases of transgendered people becoming clergy and or transitioning when they are clergy. The Anglican church has examples, such as Rev Dr Cameron Partridge, Rev Dr Christina Beardsley and others. There have been Catholic clergy and religious who have joined the Epicopalians during/after their transitions because they have been pushed out of the Catholic church, although not always with the wishes of the congregation/institute where they lived. This isn't something the Catholic church puts in the weekly news but I'd say it's not an insignificant number.

Disregarding all the other phishy things you've said, that quote alone merits either some very convincing clarifications, or a phishy tag.

Being tempted to abandon the Faith does seem to reveal some type of personal crisis.

I didn't see that written. Do you think all Christians who aren't Catholics, and don't want to be affiliated to the institution, lack faith? I don't remember Pope Benedict saying this when he sat through a service in Westminster Abbey. I didn't see Pope Francis say this when he sent a video message to Evangelical leaders. Do you think Jesus, the God of love, gets flustered because people go to an Episcopal church instead of a Catholic one?

There is certainly something very smelly about you, Benedictus. Quite recently, you wrote the following:

Disregarding all the other phishy things you've said, that quote alone merits either some very convincing clarifications, or a phishy tag.

What I said in those comments, which you dug out, were true. It wasn't a matter of opinion. Tell me they are not.

Edited by Benedictus

PhuturePriest

What I said is true. It wasn't a matter of opinion.

I think it's also worth looking into some of the views currently at work in Psychology, Sociology, Gender Theory. This overlaps into Gender theology, check out Marcella Althaus-Reid and Robert Goss. 

A friend of mine looked those people up. Marcella Althaus-Reid is not Catholic, and was described as a "quee.r god" (literal quote form the google search). Fr Robert Goss is a 70's Jesuit and wrote a book called "Queering Christ" and a q.ueer bible and is very pro-gay. Both are anti-Catholic, and their works should most certainly not be recommended to anyone on a Catholic website.

KnightofChrist

Soylent Green is people, the erroneous arguments you've offered which are odd are not people.  It seems the greater part of what you argue here seems to be heavily based upon attempting to paint those that disagree with you as uncharitable and mean spirited to marginalize, rather than on a solid and reasoned position.

Edited by KnightofChrist

It's phishy and wreaks of dissent.

Tell me in that selected quote where what I said hasn't happened. There are transgender clergy in the Anglican church. Titles, on here or elsewhere, probably matter more to you than me. It seems like a way to express frustration, whatever..

I'll be joining a religious institute in the new year.  I follow all the church requires of me on sexual morality, and there's no major issues raised over what I've said I struggle with. I'm open about it and develop by discussing it. I'm not a robot. You can think what you like.