An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Does Objectively Disordered Mean?

Dorian

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia; from the Ancient Greek ÏƒÏÎ½ syn, "together", and Î±á¼´ÏƒÎ¸Î·ÏƒÎ¹Ï‚ aisthÄ“sis, "sensation") is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.[1][2][3][4] People who report such experiences are known as synesthetes.

Not that this contributes much to the above, but I just wanted to point out that it is possible to see sound and feel colour.......I do, quite frequently. So yes, in fact it IS possible to smell the colour orange and taste F sharp.......

I thought of this when I read the original, too.  :hehe2:

PhuturePriest

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia; from the Ancient Greek ÏƒÏÎ½ syn, "together", and Î±á¼´ÏƒÎ¸Î·ÏƒÎ¹Ï‚ aisthÄ“sis, "sensation") is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.[1][2][3][4] People who report such experiences are known as synesthetes.

Not that this contributes much to the above, but I just wanted to point out that it is possible to see sound and feel colour.......I do, quite frequently. So yes, in fact it IS possible to smell the colour orange and taste F sharp.......

Sounds like a psychology term for a person who has just smoked some particularly powerful reefer.

ChristinaTherese

Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia; from the Ancient Greek σύν syn, "together", and αἴσθησις aisthēsis, "sensation") is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.[1][2][3][4] People who report such experiences are known as synesthetes.

Thanks for saying that.... I wanted to. (And, yeah, I'm synesthetic as well.)

Does this mean synesthesia is disordered like homosexuality is? I mean if someone' sexuality can be disordered because their sexual faculty is directed towards the wrong object then is the experience of having your senses ordered towards the wrong experiences likewise 'objectively disordered?