An Old School Catholic Message Board

What " America's Ratzinger" Would Like To Ask Pope Francis

PhuturePriest

It would be helpful at the very least to name the people who are allegedly doing the bullying, and then naming the people who were allegedly bullied off the phorum so we can hopefully find out what happened. Is it a matter of people being oversensitive, is it a matter of people legitimately bullying others off the phorum with forceful debating and mocking? These are serious accusations that need to be looked into. If they are false, then okay. If they are not, that's very serious and the behavior needs to be stopped because it is detrimental to the health and well-being of the phorum. However, assuming the accusations are right, we will never know unless we investigate. Assuming they are wrong, we will never know unless we investigate.

Sorry, I misread. I thought you were just asking that those who felt bullied be named. 

I agree that if one or several people are using personal messages to bully and harass, this people should be publicly called out and corrected.

PhuturePriest

Sorry, I misread. I thought you were just asking that those who felt bullied be named. 

I'm not a Mediator of Meh, so even if they were named that doesn't really do anything. It would be incredibly helpful if those people were named and contacted by Mediators so they could take due action, but at the moment I can do nothing but encourage that this be looked into as immediately as possible by the Mediators.

veritasluxmea

I haven't posted in a while because life, but I agree with CM (although I don't feel hostile or upset about it). Being Catholic is hard enough in real life. I think people come onto the the internet, "traddies" and "regular" Catholics alike, and become overly bitter/harsh or frustrated. Basically, they "let loose" in ways they can't in real life because the live with non-Catholics or in a non-Catholic environment. 

I see a lot of "phatmass is too harsh or mean and it should change," and I can agree, but change to what? What, exactly, are we looking for? What kinds of posts or language or beliefs or reactions need to change, and to what? 

Surely you've been around Phatmass long enough to know that almost every post these days is about traddies being more knowledgable than moderate or liberal Catholics. Traddies are smarter, better read, and all around better Catholics than the rest of us. I just figured if I started agreeing with them, then they'd feel more secure in their superiority and those who have been bullied out of posting anymore might come back so I'd have someone to talk to again.

so --- do I have this right --- you think "almost every post" "these days" is about how traddies are the bomb-bippity-bomb compared to everyone else. Really. 

Am I living in bizarro phatmass land? 

Can you link to a few of these pro-Traditionalist posts that are dominating discussion "these days" ??? 

I haven't posted in a while because life, but I agree with CM (although I don't feel hostile or upset about it). Being Catholic is hard enough in real life. I think people come onto the the internet, "traddies" and "regular" Catholics alike, and become overly bitter/harsh or frustrated. Basically, they "let loose" in ways they can't in real life because the live with non-Catholics or in a non-Catholic environment. 

I see a lot of "phatmass is too harsh or mean and it should change," and I can agree, but change to what? What, exactly, are we looking for? What kinds of posts or language or beliefs or reactions need to change, and to what? 

phatmass is not too harsh or mean and I like it the way it is.

but maybe you are right, its already been a whole week since these cold, bitter people started a "lets love the gays" thread. Heartless bigoted nasties.