An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bethlehem Monastery Poor Clares Get New Entrance

Feankie

I forgot to add that she's got some great stuff on YouTube......her name there is RoseofChrist. The video of her vocation journey is quite touching.

This is so beautiful and touching story.Twin sisters joining together in religious life.God is truly great.And to spend life in this amazing community it is truly grace.

Me and my sister are in the similar but also completely different situation.We are not twins:) and we are discerning totally different communities.

Many prayers for Cheyene who joins her twin sister Phoenix as a postulant at Bethlehem Monastery today.

We must also not forget their loving family at this time............very many prayers for them also. :nun3: :nun3:  

brandelynmarie

I have been watching their youtube channel & following their Vocations closely... Praying for them & their loved ones!

It's lovely to see Phoenix and Cheyenne together again.

It will be difficult to distinguish them when they are both clothed in their habits. !! 

Many prayers for them both.

Imagine having twins in habits!  How could you tell them apart?!    What fun!

You wouldn't believe how easy it is to identify each nun of the community without seing more than a snippet of her habit even from the back! When you live together day after day dressed in the same clothes you know the person from their walking, the way the veil hangs or twists, their little cough .... it's quite amazing.

These twins may become much more themselves -each one- in an atmosphere where everything is the same for everyone. Their personalities will show up much more as distinct.

I may be wrong but this is my guess! :nun3: :nun2:      :nun1:      :ninja:

Congratulations to Phoenix and Cheyenne, and especially to the Poor Clares community!

According to their blog, Phoenix exchanged her white veil of aspirancy to black on Palm Sunday last year. She entered Feb 07.. So will her clothing be soon? I'm guessing that Cheyenne may be exchanging her white veil around the same time?? How exciting for them and their Community!! How wonderful for us to be able to follow them on their journey!

AveMariaPurissima

You wouldn't believe how easy it is to identify each nun of the community without seing more than a snippet of her habit even from the back! When you live together day after day dressed in the same clothes you know the person from their walking, the way the veil hangs or twists, their little cough .... it's quite amazing.

These twins may become much more themselves -each one- in an atmosphere where everything is the same for everyone. Their personalities will show up much more as distinct.

I may be wrong but this is my guess! :nun3: :nun2:      :nun1:      :ninja:

Congratulations to Phoenix and Cheyenne, and especially to the Poor Clares community!

After being in a religious community for nine months, I can testify that this is very true!!!   

According to their blog, Phoenix exchanged her white veil of aspirancy to black on Palm Sunday last year. She entered Feb 07.. So will her clothing be soon? I'm guessing that Cheyenne may be exchanging her white veil around the same time?? How exciting for them and their Community!! How wonderful for us to be able to follow them on their journey!

If I recall correctly, the aspirancy stage (what Cheyenne is in) lasts for about 6-8 weeks.  Then postulancy (with the black veil that Phoenix has) is (I think) a year and a half.  So it might be a little bit longer before Phoenix's clothing...we'll just have to wait and see!

Spem in alium

If I recall correctly, the aspirancy stage (what Cheyenne is in) lasts for about 6-8 weeks.  Then postulancy (with the black veil that Phoenix has) is (I think) a year and a half.  So it might be a little bit longer before Phoenix's clothing...we'll just have to wait and see!

That is quite a short aspirancy! Most orders I've come into contact with have an aspirancy period lasting at least six months.