An Old School Catholic Message Board

Unbroken: The Worst Movie Ever Made

She's led this incredibly charmed life and wants to get even more by appropriating the resonance of other people story. She doesn't have anything to tell us about his story except he got beaten a lot. And just shows this happening again and again. She does that for emotional effect and that's all she has to offer. "Hey, look at this heroic and interesting individual get beaten really badly, Oscar plz n thank!"

It's like she watched Schindler's List and thought it's a great movie because of all the horrible things depicted. Add a certain amount of horrific violence and it's Oscar gold?

HisChildForever

That is normally the case. However, there are times when a stand must be made. Plus I wasted 10 dollars and 137 minutes of my life. Villainy must be confronted.  

How on earth did you find a theater that only charges 10??? Matinee price?

I remember when movies used to be a nickel!

worst movie EVER made?  perhaps you haven't heard of Kirk Cameron's recent "Saving Christmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-yA66kaVc

If a movie is over 110 minutes but doesn't have talking robots, the movie is too long. Human interest/triumph stories without talking robots should be no longer than 83 minutes, but it's possible to stretch them to 110 (including credits) minutes without making the experience completely intolerable.

If a movie is over 110 minutes but doesn't have talking robots, the movie is too long. Human interest/triumph stories without talking robots should be no longer than 83 minutes, but it's possible to stretch them to 110 (including credits) minutes without making the experience completely intolerable.

Speaking of worst movies ever made...

Welcome to Phatmass, Obonitas!

I should warn you: You're off to a bad start. We don't assault people's character around here. And we really try to limit our snark. 

When did this radical new development start? 

I must have missed it.

Oh, and yeah. She's a terribly bad person for making that movie. If you did indeed read The book -including his book - I think we can agree you wouldn't last longer than 45 minutes in a Japanese POW camp (which didn't abide by the Genrva convention rules, btw). Good luck sifting through the meat and fish they brought to our allies, rotten, filled with maggots and drenched in human waste. Yeah, you'd definitely last.

If you knew anything about the Geneva convention, you would have begun your posts "With all due respect..."

PhuturePriest

$10 where I'm from is an expensive ticket. In Wichita, there's a gigantic Warren Theatre with all sorts of excessive and unnecessary atrocities (Such as its own restaurant whose food you can take with you to eat during your movie), and tickets there are $7.50. 3D and IMAX are $10.

HisChildForever

$10 where I'm from is an expensive ticket. In Wichita, there's a gigantic Warren Theatre with all sorts of excessive and unnecessary atrocities (Such as its own restaurant whose food you can take with you to eat during your movie), and tickets there are $7.50. 3D and IMAX are $10.

I'm jelly. A ticket to an AMC here is $12.50, 3-D makes it $14.50, and IMAX is $16.50. A local theater will be anywhere between $10-12. Those are evening times. 

Nihil Obstat

Current movie prices in Calgary are $13.25 for general admission, $20.25 for IMAX. Somewhere in between for different variations of 3d. Those are in Canadian dollars, although I believe they have not changed significantly since the dollar was at par recently.

veritasluxmea

My friend and I recently went to an evening movie in the midwest and the total was just over $11 dollars, for both of us. The place was packed and the movie was sold out, there was nothing else to do in that town lol. 

PhuturePriest

I'm jelly. A ticket to an AMC here is $12.50, 3-D makes it $14.50, and IMAX is $16.50. A local theater will be anywhere between $10-12. Those are evening times. 

They pay more for different times of the day? Here there's just one cost no matter what time.

Nihil Obstat

They pay more for different times of the day? Here there's just one cost no matter what time.

Matinee times are often cheaper. It is a good method for demand-shifting.